Tracy Feuer

Default wrinkles on line dried clothes

What I do to avoid wrinkles on my line dried clothes is I put my clothes in the dryer for 10 minutes just to remove wrinkles then I carefully hang the clothes using clothes hangers buttoning shirts, straighten collars etc. Then for my pants I hang them by the cuffs making sure all the seams are lined up. Matching all four seams meaning matching inseams together then lining the outer leg seams up with the inseams.I use a clip type pants hangers. I hang the pants straight not folded in the middle. Then I either hang the clothes on the line using the clothes hangers or on the shower rod. Our clothes are not wrinkled at all. I hate to iron.

Some folks bring their clothes in early and dry in the dryer for the last 10 minutes but I prefer to put them in the dryer for the first 10 minutes.

Tracy in VA

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt;COLOR: #0099cc;FONT-FAMILY: 'Segoe UI',Tahoma,san-serif;HEIGHT: 24px;">

<TD> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Val Coulman

Can anyone tell me about allergies and line drying? We have someone in the family with seasonal allergies (grass pollen) and will drying them outside make it worse for them?

Thanks for the tip, Tracy. I hate to iron too and this looks like it would work really well.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Tracy Feuer <tracyfeuer@hotmail.com> wrote:

Then I either hang the clothes on the line using the clothes hangers or on the shower rod. Our clothes are not wrinkled at all. I hate to iron.

Some folks bring their clothes in early and dry in the dryer for the last 10 minutes but I prefer to put them in the dryer for the first 10 minutes.

[/quote]
    --
    Val Coulman
    vcoulman@gmail.com

d5enzo@aol.com

<FONT id="role_document" face="Papyrus" color="#0000a0" size="3">
    My clothes seem so much less wrinkled from line drying than in the dryer....maybe its the heat of the sun. I fold as I take them down.

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Laura Sharp

My mom also has seasonal allergies and line drying never seemed to make it worse.

Laura
    sw Ohio
    zone 5-6

On 6/30/08, Val Coulman[/b] <vcoulman@gmail.com> wrote:

Can anyone tell me about allergies and line drying? We have someone in the family with seasonal allergies (grass pollen) and will drying them outside make it worse for them?

Thanks for the tip, Tracy. I hate to iron too and this looks like it would work really well.

[/quote]