Other clever idea

clever idea

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I saw this on another web site and thought it was a pretty good idea. Mix up your favorite cookie dough. Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. When you want to bake several cookies or more pull out you ice cube tray and pop out as many cookies as you

Other, dough, bake, cookie, cube, cookies, idea, freezer, tray, ready, store, bought, http://img.thrfun.com/img/018/315/ice_cube_tray_for_cookie_dough_s.jpg, money, saves, pull, make, extra, freeze, clever, pretty, favorite, site, trays, thought, good

Thread: clever idea

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default clever idea

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I saw this on another web site and thought it was a pretty good idea.

Mix up your favorite cookie dough. Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. When you want to bake several cookies or more pull out you ice cube tray and pop out as many cookies as you want to bake.

I always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake. When you mix up your own dough, you know what is in it, and it saves you money over the store bought cookie dough.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: clever idea

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this, but I saw this on another web site and thought it was a pretty good idea.

Mix up your favorite cookie dough. Make extra and freeze in ice cube trays. When you want to bake several cookies or more pull out you ice cube tray and pop out as many cookies as you want to bake.

I always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake. When you mix up your own dough, you know what is in it, and it saves you money over the store bought cookie dough.
    This is a great idea, but here's a tip if you have a tendency to store them for longer than 30 days- take a piece of wax paper, very lightly flour it -place your raw dough into it and gently shape it into a roll, like the cookie dough rolls at the store. Then, wrap tightly and freeze. Then store it in the freezer in a ziploc bag or vacuum seal bag. It will last up to 4 months without any problems or freezer burn. To use, just slice off cookies as thick as you want them & bake according to recipe directions.

I like to do the individual cookie dough bites, but ours end up freezer burned by the time we get around to using them. Or- I catch the kids grabbing dough bites and eating them like munchies.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never thought you could freeze cookie dough. however, I buy it frozen from the fundraisers all the time. some of that cookie dough is gross. I KNOW I can do better than them. Thank you for the idea. This would be easy to try.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

I make a lot of what we call freezer cubes, (with lots of foods) they only stay in the tray for as long as it takes them to freeze solid, after they are frozen they are transferred to freezer bags or containers and returned to the freezer. Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    I never thought you could freeze cookie dough. however, I buy it frozen from the fundraisers all the time. some of that cookie dough is gross. I KNOW I can do better than them. Thank you for the idea. This would be easy to try.
    OH yeah, those things are absolutely NASTY. My kids did a fundraiser one year and a little tiny tub of that crap in bucket was $12. They were the Worst cookies- we ended up scraping the dough into the mixer, adding a couple teaspoons of real vanilla, some finely shaved dark chocolate and some bits of dried cherries to make them "edible" and the baked them as bars instead of cookies.

You know they're nasty when the kids won't even eat them. Here's a photo of one of the cookies that we make ahead and freeze:

Budget101.com - - Cranberry hootycreeks cookie Mix | Cookie Mix Recipes | Make Ahead Mixes

I like to have fresh cookies, not ones that's been sitting in a cookie jar for a week, and I don't like to bake the entire batch at once because then they dont sit in the jar, they rest on my buttcheeks and thighs instead.
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**