Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Beans (sorry, its my current theme)

Has anyone seen dried beans on sale before? I must miss it if they do. And is it cheaper to just buy dried beans from a regular store or should I search for a bulk foods store?

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beans (sorry, its my current theme)

I buy dried beans from Sam's club. I have never seen them on sale. then I bought these buckets with these lids the ring pushes on, with a rubber mallet, and then the center screws on and off. the plastic is food grade. I actually keep flour, sugar, elbow macaroni, beans, and rice. the lids are color coordinated so I know what bucket has what in it.

I also bough 50 pounds of Drake. it is made by hostess and when they went under I was scared I would never get Drake again. So I bought a bucket and a lid for that too.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Now, for those buckets you are talking about, I cannot seem to picture them in my mind. Do you have a picture of one so I know what to look for? And did you get it from Sam's?

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you go up in my previous post and click 'these buckets' and 'these lids' it takes you to the exact buckets and the web site I bought them from. they look dorky in a house. so I store mine in the garage.