Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked heels

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cracked heels

does any one know of a way I can get rid of my cracked heels?

I use to work for a podiatrist and the treatment they recommended was very expensive. I would love something I can do at home with home items. my right foot is cracked in 3 places, very deep and very sore.

right now I have bag balm on them. it helps soothe a little but wont heal the cracks.

thank you for any ideas anyone can give me.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cracked heels

• Soak your feet in some warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes, to soften the skin.
    • Get rid of the dead skin, with the help of a file or a pumice stone
    • Pat your feet dry gently
    • apply coconut oil liberally to the feet, put on a pair of clean cotton socks
    • wear them all night long with the coconut oil on the feet.

Hope your feel feel better soon!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

hum, never thought about coconut oil. would you be referring to the oil sold in the baking aisle at the grocery store? is that the same thing?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    hum, never thought about coconut oil. would you be referring to the oil sold in the baking aisle at the grocery store? is that the same thing?
    A good friend of mine owns a high end salon and she uses organic extra virgin coconut oil in her sugar scrubs for pedicures and manicures.
    She buys hers either at Wal Mart and/or a health food store that's close to her salon. She swears by it.
    She's also recommended adding a couple tbsp to bath water if soaking.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, cracked heels hurt really bad.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, cracked heels hurt really bad.
    Yes they do and I feel for you...so...I called my friend that owns a salon and asked her what she thinks you should do.
    Her response was that it depends on how bad they are. If they're severe, with open cracks in the skin and/or bleed, then a podiatrists should be seen.
    If your feet aren't quite that severe, then this is her advice:
    1. Just as FreebieQueen stated, soak your feet in warm water with a couple of tbsp of oil added. The coconut oil would be perfect. She also said Vitamin E oil is great too. Soak for 20-30 minutes. Pat dry. Inspect your feet...make sure there isn't any open areas or cracks that could be severe. At this time, if nails need to be trimmed, that can be done so now.
    2. Using a sugar scrub or shower feet file, (or pumice stone), gently scrub your feet.
    (I don't know her measurements, but I do know she makes a wonderful scrub that I love...it's sugar, (real-not bottled) lemon juice, and organic extra virgin coconut oil)
    3. Rinse feet and again, pat dry. Apply coconut oil to feet and let it soak in. Put on 'spa' socks or footies and leave them on all night.
    4. The scrub treatment can be used up to 3 times per week. Soaking can be done every night if desired...and don't forget to apple the coconut oil.

Isn't it fascinating to 'pick' your friends brains... Ya never know what you'll find out. lol

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

They are bad enough to probably see a doctor. I worked for a podiatrist group for 17 years, I just left them a month ago. I know what is prescribed for heels like mine. however, it is a lotion that is really gross and will never touch my body. besides the fact it is expensive. it works but I think it is nasty. that is why I am looking for more of a home remedy to help with the cracks.

I really do appreciate you calling your friend to get me help. I am heading to the store tomorrow to get coconut oil. I will keep you posted on how well this works.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am heading to the store tomorrow to get coconut oil. I will keep you posted on how well this works.
    I would also take garlic extract capsules, preferably kyolic (odorless, yet highly effective). The coconut oil should be virgin and will be beside the vitamins, not in the baking isle, although that will work in a pinch. I've used it for salves & balms before.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast