Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    TChannel4@aol.com

Default Mashed Cauliflower?

<FONT id="role_document" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4">
    How do you make this? And honestly how does it taste?

<FONT lang="0" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="14">Tammy
    HillbillyMomma<FONT lang="0" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="14">

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

herberkids3

Not sure how you make it, but I just heard about this froma f riend who

is pregnant. She has another friend who had a highly restricive diet

while pregnant, and used to make it, and said it tasted just like

mashed potatoes. My friend made it, and shook her head saying it didn't

taste anything like mashed potatoes. She has a fairly non-picky palate

and said she didn't like it at all.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, TChannel4@... wrote:

>

> How do you make this? And honestly how does it taste?

>

> Tammy

> _HillbillyMomma_ (http://hometown.aol.com/tchannel4/index.html)

> <BR><BR><BR>************************************** <BR> AOL now offers

free

> email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

TChannel4@aol.com

In a message dated 3/6/2007 12:02:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, herberkids3@yahoo.com writes:
    She has another friend who had a highly restricive diet

that's what I'm afraid of. I have 3 or 4 bags of frozen cauliflower left in my freezer down stairs and I want to use them up soon and was thinking that would be a good way but I am afraid we won't like it. LOL I'm such achicken.

<FONT lang="0" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="14">Tammy
    HillbillyMomma<FONT lang="0" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="14">

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Helene Wagoner

Hi Tammy, Funny you should ask. I just made this last night for dinner !! My kids actually like it and haven't quite grasped the fact I get to sneak in another veggie.Andit's really hard to out smart a teenager.......lol. We call it faux mashed potatoes. And you make it the same way. Some recipesinstruct toboil, but I steam my cauliflower until mushy, drain, add butter, milk (or sour cream or mayo), salt and pepper mash with a blender. I can add so much to change the flavor it's great. (ex. with sour cream I adda pack of ranch dip mix). Hope this helps. Blessed Be, Helene

TChannel4@aol.com wrote: <FONT id="role_document" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4"> How do you make this? And honestly how does it taste? <FONT lang="0" face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="14">Tammy

<FONT style="FONT: 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;COLOR: black;"> AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

&#32;
    Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Beth Myers

I love mashed cauliflower, but doesn't taste like mashed potatoes. Same consistency, but taste is different. I cook the cauliflower and put it in a food processor with cream (milk will do) butter and parmesean cheese and whirl it up. You can process it real fine, or keep it chunky. You can also add garlic to it.

herberkids3 <herberkids3@yahoo.com> wrote: Not sure how you make it, but I just heard about this froma f riend who
    is pregnant. She has another friend who had a highly
    restricive diet

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, TChannel4@... wrote:
    >
    > How do you make this? And honestly how does it taste?
    >
    > Tammy
    > _HillbillyMomma_ (http://hometown.aol.com/tchannel4/index.html)
    > <BR><BR><BR>************************************** <BR> AOL now offers
    free
    > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
    > http://www.aol.com.
    >

&#32;
    Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people who know.

TChannel4@aol.com

In a message dated 3/6/2007 1:47:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Historylover1500@yahoo.com writes:
    . I can add so much to change the flavor it's great.
    Thanks Helene!!!

Kanette

My husband is diabetic and loves potatoes which are not good for him. I have done this and they are very good. You steam the cauliflower then mash and add whatever you would to mash potatoes. I add butter, sour cream, cheese, chives, salt, pepper etc. You do need to drain it well since cauliflower does have more water in them than potatoes.

Give is a try and don't tell anyone and see if they notice the difference!

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:04:20 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: Mashed Cauliflower?

In a message dated 3/6/2007 12:02:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, herberkids3@ yahoo.com writes:
    She has another friend who had a highly restricive diet

that's what I'm afraid of. I have 3 or 4 bags of frozen cauliflower left in my freezer down stairs and I want to use them up soon and was thinking that would be a good way but I am afraid we won't like it. LOL I'm such achicken.

<FONT face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT">Tammy
    HillbillyMomma<FONT face="Monotype Corsiva" color="#408080" size="4" FAMILY="SCRIPT">

<FONT style="COLOR: black;">
    <SPAN style="height:2px;border-bottom:1px solid rgb(212,208,200);border-top:1px solid rgb(128,128,128);background-color:black;">

Monica

I'll have to find my recipe from back in my low-carb days. I had a recipe for this that was SO GOOD! My kids regularly asked for it. Mine was whipped with cream cheese if I remember correctly. I'll try and look this afternoon.

Monica in IL

[quote]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast