Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New York City!!!

we go every year, sometimes twice a year --

I will preface this post with: it's better to go in groups of 6 or more!

Number 1 rule for New York City:

DO NOT STAY IN HOTELS!

Number 2 rule for New York City:

DRIVE ONLY IF YOU LIVE TOO FAR FROM AN AMTRAK STATION!!
    ~*~

Our trip in March 2013:

6 people (counting 1 child) -- took Amtrak (round trip $249.00 each from Toledo to NYC Penn Station).

We rented a house in Park Slope (a ritzy neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY) -- the house was 3 stories tall, and offered sleeping space for 10 comfortably!

The cost of the house for 10 nights, set each of us back $588 -- which means it cost each of us less than $60 a day!! (that's a killer deal for NYC).

Meals: we had a full kitchen, plus backyard bbq ... we were set for meals! (much cheaper than eating out everyday for all meals).

Getting around: two 7 day metro cards (reloadable)

we went EVERYWHERE and did a lot of FREE things, and found that 10 days was not long enough (even though my DH and I lived there for a year, and he is from there).

If anyone is planning on going, let me know!!

The agency we used to get the house rental is: New York Habitat - Apartments in New York, Paris, London and South of France and they are professional and simply amazing!! You won't be disappointed.
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CulArtStudent For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New York City!!!

sounds like you guys had a great time. When my kids get older, I hope to get to New York.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

we are thinking of going December 26, 2013- January 3, 2014 ... (no ... we do NOT go to Times Square for the ball drop -- that's just insanity -- but we do go to a HUGE private party that is a culinary dream)...if you want to go, you can go with us.
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to go, however, I will not have any extra cash since I am out of work.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds like a great idea actually. Hmmmm... Thanks for the share!