OT: Graduation Thank you notes

OT: Graduation Thank you notes

My son is leaving for Army Reserves basic training on Tuesday. He has yet to do thank you notes for the gifts he received for graduating high school. Would it be ok if I have him sign the cards and I write in the actual notes to each person? The notes would never get done otherwise. -- Anggie

army, basic, breast, cancer, cards, gifts, graduation, high, leaving, note, notes, person, received, school, sign, son, thank you, training, tuesday, write, actual, http://anggie-ggslife.blogspot.com, anggie, fight, reserves, graduating

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anggie Thompson

Default OT: Graduation Thank you notes

My son is leaving for Army Reserves basic training on Tuesday. He has yet to do thank you notes for the gifts he received for graduating high school. Would it be ok if I have him sign the cards and I write in the actual notes to each person? The notes would never get done otherwise.

--
    Anggie
    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it
    http://anggie-ggslife.blogspot.com/

Katherine Lassiter

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#007f40" size="3">If he is too busy to write them, he needs to return the gifts. It is just rude. I had to nag my son to write his, but it doesn't take long. Children/young adults need to know how important this is. It is a habit that should be life-long. I have 3 people on my 'list in my head' who did not thank me for gifts and they will never get another one. They were a baby gift, a graduation gift and a wedding gift.

<FONT color="#007f40" size="3">

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#007f40" size="3">Kathy

Talea Ranker

<div style="font-family:lucida console,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;"><div style="font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;font-size: 14pt;">I'm sorry, I just think it's crazy. If you actually have to get a card that says thank you in order to give another gift then it's not worth receiving one from you. I never ever do this to another person. Yes it's great to receive a thank you, yes it's rude of the other person. I don't give a gift expecting anything at all in return, to do so in my opinion defeats the purpose of giving. In today's world things get so hectic and crazy I know I don't write a thank you to every single thing I receive. I trust the gift was given out of love and say thank you to the person at the next opportunity. I was never taught to send a thank you, my mother also believed it needed to be a genuine sentiment, not a
    required one.
    ~Tee

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 12:13:01 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Graduation Thank you notes

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><td style="font-family: inherit;font-style: inherit;font-variant: inherit;font-weight: inherit;font-size: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;" valign="top">

<font color="#007f40" face="comic sans ms" size="3">If he is too busy to write them, he needs to return the gifts. It is just rude. I had to nag my son to write his, but it doesn't take long. Children/young adults need to know how important this is. It is a habit that should be life-long. I have 3 people on my 'list in my head' who did not thank me for gifts and they will never get another one. They were a baby gift, a graduation gift and a wedding gift.

<font color="#007f40" size="3"><font face="comic sans ms">

<font color="#007f40" face="comic sans ms" size="3">Kathy</tbody>

Ann Garner

At 07:18 AM 6/27/2008, you wrote:

>My son is leaving for Army Reserves basic training on Tuesday. He

>has yet to do thank you notes for the gifts he received for

>graduating high school. Would it be ok if I have him sign the cards

>and I write in the actual notes to each person? The notes would

>never get done otherwise.

Does he ever sit and watch tv? If so, set the cards, envelopes, ink

pen, everything he needs in a small container and have it by where he

watches tv. Tell him it sure would be nice if he could get the cards

done during commercial time. I know I get a lot of stuff done around

here during commercial time.

Ann in Arkansas

Katherine Lassiter

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Talea Ranker <teer2008@yahoo.com> wrote:

<DIV id="yiv1407156484">

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;">
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;">I'm sorry, I just think it's crazy. If you actually have to get a card that says thank you in order to give another gift then it's not worth receiving one from you.
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#c00000" size="3">*************
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3"> Well, we don't have to worry about that, now do we?
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3">
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3"> In the case of the gifts I did not receive a thank you for, 2 of the gifts were delivered through family members and I never even saw the gift recipient. In the case of my son, all but 1 of his graduation gifts were sent in cards through the mail. He does need to send a written thank you.
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3">
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3"> During the year, he makes calls to out of town family members tothank themfor birthday and holidaygifts and thanks others in person. I usually send a thank you note to friends for gifts, as I just think it is the nice thing to do.
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3"> You obviously disagree, but I think that wedding and baby showers, graduations and other formal-type events require written thank yous, no matter how you obtain the gift. If someone has taken the time, money and thought to go out and purchase a gift or send money, they need to be properly thanked.
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: lucida console, sans-serif;"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#c00000" size="3">Kathy

<LI>
    <DIV class="ct"><SPAN>76
    New Members</LI>
    <LI>
    <DIV class="ct"><SPAN>1
    New Files</LI>[/list]Visit Your Group

<DIV id="hd1">Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

<DIV id="hd1">Real Food Group

Share recipes,

restaurant ratings

and favorite meals.

Everyday Wellness Zone

Check out featured

healthy living groups.

passinflowersmail

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Ann Garner <mystique@...> wrote:

>

> At 07:18 AM 6/27/2008, you wrote:

> >My son is leaving for Army Reserves basic training on Tuesday. He

> >has yet to do thank you notes for the gifts he received for

> >graduating high school. Would it be ok if I have him sign the cards

> >and I write in the actual notes to each person? The notes would

> >never get done otherwise.

> Does he ever sit and watch tv? If so, set the cards, envelopes, ink

> pen, everything he needs in a small container and have it by where he

> watches tv. Tell him it sure would be nice if he could get the cards

> done during commercial time. I know I get a lot of stuff done around

> here during commercial time.

>

> Ann in Arkansas

>

Sweet heart your son is going in to the army reserves and I am sure

thank you notes are the last thing on his mind even if you remind him

every 15 min until he leaves. I am not trying to sound rude or snappy

I just know it a lot to think about, my husband is in the navy and

before he goes away he is a complete space cadet

babyology44

I agree that it should be a nice sentiment to send a thank you. I

always take circumstances into consideration as well. For instance,

this young man is about to head off to basic training. That is thanks

enough for what he is giving of himself.

On the other hand, I just sent a graduation card with money to my

graduating family member. I was informed by my grandmother that this

person will not be sending out thank you's as she is too self-centered

and busy with her social life this summer. That disgusts me!

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Ann Garner <mystique@...> wrote:

>

> At 07:18 AM 6/27/2008, you wrote:

> >My son is leaving for Army Reserves basic training on Tuesday. He

> >has yet to do thank you notes for the gifts he received for

> >graduating high school. Would it be ok if I have him sign the cards

> >and I write in the actual notes to each person? The notes would

> >never get done otherwise.

> Does he ever sit and watch tv? If so, set the cards, envelopes, ink

> pen, everything he needs in a small container and have it by where he

> watches tv. Tell him it sure would be nice if he could get the cards

> done during commercial time. I know I get a lot of stuff done around

> here during commercial time.

>

> Ann in Arkansas

>

Talea Ranker

<div style="font-family:lucida console,sans-serif;font-size:14pt;"><div style="font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;font-size: 14pt;">Nope guess not.

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:59:50 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Tee/Graduation Thank you notes

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><td style="font-family: inherit;font-style: inherit;font-variant: inherit;font-weight: inherit;font-size: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;" valign="top">

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Talea Ranker <teer2008@yahoo. com> wrote:

<blockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255);">

<div id="yiv1407156484">

<div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;">
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;">I'm sorry, I just think it's crazy. If you actually have to get a card that says thank you in order to give another gift then it's not worth receiving one from you.
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="comic sans ms" size="3">************ *
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> Well, we don't have to worry about that, now do we?
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> In the case of the gifts I did not receive a thank you for, 2 of the gifts were delivered through family members and I never even saw the gift recipient. In the case of my son, all but 1 of his graduation gifts were sent in cards through the mail. He does need to send a written thank you.
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> During the year, he makes calls to out of town family members tothank themfor birthday and holidaygifts and thanks others in person. I usually send a thank you note to friends for gifts, as I just think it is the nice thing to do.
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"> You obviously disagree, but I think that wedding and baby showers, graduations and other formal-type events require written thank yous, no matter how you obtain the gift. If someone has taken the time, money and thought to go out and purchase a gift or send money, they need to be properly thanked.
    <div style="font-size: 14pt;font-family: lucida console,sans-serif;"><font color="#c00000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Kathy
    <div id="ygrp-sponsor">
    <div id="ygrp-reco">
    <div id="ygrp-vital">
    <div id="vithd">Recent Activity
    <ul style="list-style-type: none;">[*]
    <div class="ct">76
    <div class="cat">New Members[*]
    <div class="ct">1
    <div class="cat">New Files[/list]Visit Your Group
    <div id="nc">
    <div class="ad">
    <div id="hd1">Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.
    <div class="ad">
    <div id="hd1">Real Food Group

Share recipes,

restaurant ratings

and favorite meals.
    <div class="ad">
    <div id="hd1">Yahoo! Groups

Everyday Wellness Zone

Check out featured

healthy living groups.
    <div style="font-size: 1px;color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">.
    <span style="color: [/quote]</tbody>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast