Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Chi Chi'sw fried ice cream
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM #1
Chi Chi'sw fried ice cream
I have been wanting this for years. I wonder what kind of mess I could make if I tried this at home.
- 1 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces French vanilla ice cream (by weight)
- 1/4 cup kellogg's corn flake crumbs
- canned whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 ounce honey
- Form 4 oz. of French vanilla into a ball.
- Roll the ball of ice cream in the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Roll in corn flake crumbs till coated.
- Place in the freezer to harden.
- Place the hardened ice cream ball in a fry basket and deep fry for 2 seconds at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- FOR THE SHERBET GLASS(the early years):.
- Put a dollop of whip cream in the bottom of the glass.
- Place the fried ice cream ball on top of the dollop.
- Drizzle a small amount of honey over the top of the ice cream ball.
- Place 8 whip cream rosettes around the ice cream ball and one on top.
- Top with a maraschino cherry.
- FOR THE TORTILLA (the later years):.
- Deep fry a tortilla flat until crispy.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Follow the instructions for the sherbet glass.