While we are talking about grocery coupons...

Is it me? I just don’t find a lot of coupons that our family uses. I can’t imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen foods, icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary yogurts like gogurts rather than the low-cal versions, prepackaged meal-helpers, snack foods

cal, cosmetics, coupons, eat, face, family, foods, grocery, grocery coupons, hat, meal, money, paper, saving, savings, size, snack, spa, versions, yogurts, don&8217t, non-processed, coupon, shampoos/toiletries, batteries, hard, sections, bunch, monica, direct, products, missing, icecream, frozen, imagine, can&8217t, talking, find, love, low-cal, prepackaged, meal-helpers, gogurts, avoid, sugary

Monica

Default While we are talking about grocery coupons...

Is it me? I just dont find a lot of coupons that our family uses. I cant imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen foods, icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary yogurts like gogurts rather than the low-cal versions, prepackaged meal-helpers, snack foods etc. We try really hard to eat non-processed foods and I dont see a lot of that in the coupon sections.
    I do, of course, use the coupons like batteries, shampoos/toiletries, cosmetics and paper products. Just not much grocery.

Am I missing something? Please direct me because our family could sure use the savings!
    Thanks a bunch!
    Monica in IL

Joi

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Monica" <mommyof2gals@...> wrote:

>

> Is it me? I just don't find a lot of coupons that our family uses.

I can't

> imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen

foods,

> icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary

yogurts like

> gogurts rather than the low-cal versions, prepackaged meal-helpers,

snack

> foods etc. We try really hard to eat non-processed foods and I

don't see a

> lot of that in the coupon sections.

>

> I do, of course, use the coupons like batteries,

shampoos/toiletries,

> cosmetics and paper products. Just not much grocery.

>

> Am I missing something? Please direct me because our family could

sure use

> the savings!

>

> Thanks a bunch!

> Monica in IL

>

I agree with you. I don't use most of this stuff and I usually find

the store brand cheaper and tasteful enough to pass. There are so

many copycat recipes that you can use to make for pennies compared to

the convenience foods. I don't find it useful enough to waste my

time. What I use it for is for entertainment and restuarants. We took

my husband to Lonestar Steak House for his birthday, w/ coupon and

discounts (kids eat free on Sat 11-4, free dessert for birthday) I

managed to get $24 taken off our bill, making it very affordable for

a lovely steak dinner. Good luck.

Lucy Anderson

This week&#39;s coupons for us were:

Adam&#39;s Peanut Butter (the only kind I buy) - $1.45 a jar (got 3)
    Bush&#39;s Baked Beans (the big cans) - $1.25
    Kraft Cheese Singles $1.50 each (got 6)
    Milk - $2 / gallon

Butter - I never pay more than $1 a pound
    Salad Dressing (the new spray kind) - FREE
    and $10 off my whole order because I worked on getting that coupon from Albertson&#39;s last week.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Monica <mommyof2gals@comcast.net> wrote:

<p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">Is it me? I just don<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">'<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">t find a lot of coupons that our family uses. I can<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">'<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">t imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen foods, icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary yogurts<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">like gogurts<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">rather than the<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">low-cal<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">versions,<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">prepackaged meal-helpers<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">, snack foods<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus"> etc. We try really hard to eat<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus"> non-processed foods and I don<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">'<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">t see a lot of that in the coupon sections.
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">I do, of course, use the coupons like batteries, shampoos/toiletries, cosmetics and paper products. Just not much grocery.
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us">
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">Am I missing something? Please direct me<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"> <font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">because<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus"> our family could sure use the savings!
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">Thanks a bu<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Papyrus">nch!<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us">
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Monotype Corsiva" size="5">Monica<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><font color="#69316d" face="Monotype Corsiva" size="5"> in IL<span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us"><span lang="en-us">
    <p dir="ltr"><span lang="en-us">

[/quote]

--
    Matthew 22:37 - Love the Lord your God with all
    John 13:34 - Love one another
    Matthew 28:19 - Go and make disciples

J Diane Northcutt

I have on a very few occaisions saved money with coupons. I have combined a deodrant or toothpaste coupon with a sale and gotten a very cheap deal. 99 % of the coupons I see are for items we don't use either. If the coupon causes me to buy an expensive or prepared item , then I am really spending more even with the 50 cent off.

Diane

[quote]
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:57 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : While we are talking about grocery coupons...

Is it me? I just dont find a lot of coupons that our family uses. I cant imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen foods, icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary yogurts like gogurts rather than the low-cal versions, prepackaged meal-helpers, snack foods etc. We try really hard to eat non-processed foods and I dont see a lot of that in the coupon sections.
    I do, of course, use the coupons like batteries, shampoos/toiletries, cosmetics and paper products. Just not much grocery.

Am I missing something? Please direct me because our family could sure use the savings!

Thanks a bunch!
    Monica in IL

Carole Scandrol

If you watch closely, you will find a lot of things that end up being

FREE after using the coupon. Peanut butter, bread, jelly, salad

dressings, and sometimes hotdogs come to mind, especially when your

store doubles coupons. I pay close attention to items that are on

special at the store & I have a coupon. I'm not really great at it,

but my usual weekly savings is $10+. I realize that's not a hugh

amount of money, but my grocery bill is always under $60 so I can be

happy with more than 15% savings.

Carole

napi21@charter.net

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Monica" <mommyof2gals@...> wrote:

>

> Is it me? I just don't find a lot of coupons that our family uses.

I can't

> imagine saving a lot of money with them. I see a lot of frozen

foods,

> icecream (OK, LOVE that but try to avoid it LOL!), the sugary

yogurts like

> gogurts rather than the low-cal versions, prepackaged meal-helpers,

snack

> foods etc. We try really hard to eat non-processed foods and I

don't see a

> lot of that in the coupon sections.

>

> I do, of course, use the coupons like batteries,

shampoos/toiletries,

> cosmetics and paper products. Just not much grocery.

>

> Am I missing something? Please direct me because our family could

sure use

> the savings!

>

> Thanks a bunch!

> Monica in IL

>

Ann Garner

> I'm not really great at it,

>but my usual weekly savings is $10+. I realize that's not a hugh

>amount of money,

That's over $500 saved during a year, I'm impressed

Ann in Arkansas