Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Tacos in a bag
04-03-2013, 07:45 AM #1
Tacos in a bag
Here is all you need for this camp meal for kids:
- small bags Dorito chips, (2.5 – 3.5oz.), one per camper*
- 1/2 cup cooked and Taco-seasoned hamburger per camper
- shredded/chopped lettuce
- shredded cheddar or Mexican-mix cheese
- diced onions
- diced tomatoes
- mild or medium salsa or taco sauce
- plastic forks or spoons
- The taco seasoned hamburger can be used cold, but it tastes better warmed – so just use a skillet to heat it up a little.
- Place all ingredients on the camp table in bulk containers or on plates. Spoons can be used for all ingredients, but for portion control – a 1/2 cup measuring cup works best for the hamburger mix.
- The chip bags should be opened by pulling apart the top seam, (leaves extra folding room), so if your camping kids are young you might want to pre-open the bags for them
- Instruct the kids to put 1/2 cup hamburger mix, and whatever other ingredients they want, into their bag of chips.
- Add the ingredients they want
- Fold the top of the bag closed and scrunch and shake the bag to mix everything up
- That’s it! Open the bag, grab a fork or spoon, and dig in