Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Worms and Dirt Pie
04-03-2013, 07:37 AM #1
Worms and Dirt Pie
How to Make Worms and Dirt Pie
These ingredient quantities are for four to six campers. it can be doubled for larger groups, or will have seconds for smaller groups.
Camping Recipe Prep Items:
- 2 each round disposable foil pie plates, or one 9 x 13 inch rectangular foil pan
- 1 disposable drink cup and spoon for each camper (10 to 16oz size)
- 1 large serving spoon
- 1 box ZipLoc gallon size double seal freezer storage bags
- 2 pound pkg of chocolate sandwich cookies, ( or 2 each 1lb pkgs.), like Oreos
- 1 8oz pkg of gummy worms
- 1 tub Cool Whip topping ( or generic whipped topping)
- 1 small box of Milk Duds (these will be the rocks and stones in the dirt)
- 4 ea, 4oz pkgs. of instant chocolate pudding mix
- Following pkg. instructions, make the chocolate pudding at home, but instead of putting in a bowl to chill in the refrigerator - divide the mixture into two of the ZipLoc gallon freezer bags, and lay flat to chill.
- Put the Cool whip in the fridge to thaw before the trip
This is more than just one of those fun camping recipes for kids - when you let them make it themselves it also becomes a fun camping activities for kids too. So just stand back and supervise - let the kids have the fun of making their Worms and Dirt Pie camping dessert.
- Divide the sandwich cookies into two of the ZipLoc gallon bags. Press out most of the air and seal the double seals. Then let the kids mush and pound them into fine crumbs - this is the dirt.
- Divide the Cool Whip topping into the two bags of pre-made chocolate pudding, bleed out as much air as possible, then seal the double seals and let the kids "mush" and massage the bags until the pudding and topping are well mixed. No Pounding on this step!
- Spread 1/2 of the cookie crumb "dirt" in the bottom of the pan(s)
- Pour in all of the chocolate pudding and whipped topping mixture. Have the kids drop in 2/3 of the gummy worms and Milk Duds. (final 1/3 of each will go on the top)
- Cover with the rest of the cookie crumb "dirt," smooth it out, but they can leave a few worms poking through if they want.
- Scatter the remaining Gummy worms and Milk Duds on the top - and it's done!
- Use the serving spoon to dip portions into the disposable cups for the campers to enjoy.
By Budget101 in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Recipe Halloween WormsBy HalloweenYet in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:34 PM
By Tarrien in forum Daily FunniesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Recipe MYO Bloody Worms (Video)By HalloweenYet in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
By Candace in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2006, 02:14 PM