Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Coal-Roasted Chuckbox Pozole-Stuffed Onions

Ingredients

Directions
    1. Slice the tops off of the onions of the way down, and slice the roots from bottom so the onions sit flat without rolling over. Peel the skins from the onions. Cut an X into the center and use a spoon, melon baller or small ice cream scoop to remove the center portion, leaving the walls approximately -inch thick. Dice cup of onion from the centers and store the remaining onion for use in another recipe.
    2. Mix diced onion with pork, salt and pepper, cumin, stuffing mix, chile powder, poblano chiles, hominy, red pepper and cheese. Fill each onion bowl with mixture. Wrap onions in large squares of heavy duty foil, bringing seams together on top by flattening the foil slightly. Keep wrapped onions upright and nestle each on hot coals. With a small shovel, top each onion with 1 to 2 hot coals.

3.Cook approximately 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into center registers 175-180F. Remove from coals, carefully open foil and serve. Garnish with cilantro and avocado, if desired. This dish serves 4 campers. Enjoy!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Coal-Roasted Chuckbox Pozole-Stuffed Onions

Man That Looks Yummy..My Old man is grilling Steaks for Valentines day..So Gonna make these too
    Born and Raised In Panama City,Florida...Now Living In Paducah, Kentucky

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Coal-Roasted Chuckbox Pozole-Stuffed Onions

bethaliz6894i, I so want to look at your recipe but there is so much junk showing up in your post after the boxed cornbread that I am having trouble following it. Can you clean it up a bit?