One thing I do to dry clothes in the winter is to hang things on hangers and put them on the shower rod. I do laundy every day so they are small loads. I have two bathtubs in my house so we just use the other bath tub while things are drying. They dry by the next morning So I put those away and do that days laundry. Washcloths, socks and underwear get hung with clothespins on plastic coated wire hangers. The only thing I use wire hangers for.

Another thing that can cut down on dryer usage is to dry only certain items in the dryer like I will hang my towells to dry. I refuse to put a towell in the dryer it takes 90 minutes to dry a load of towells in my dryer but a small load of wash clothes and underwear take 20 minutes. Dhs socks take a really long time to dry so I will hang those.

As for wrinkles I will put our clothing in the dryer for ten minutes and set a kitchen timer then I will take the items from the dryer and hang very carefully on hangers buttoning shirts straigten collars etc. Then hang on the shower rod or outside clothesline. I started doing hubbies church clothes liike this right after he got laid off. We used to send his ushering clothes to the cleaners once a week. About $8 a week. Using this method his clothes look like they came from the cleaners and I never touch an iron. I hate to iron. We had a lot of starch build up in his shirts from going to the cleaners so maybe that is why they look so good now 6 months of doing this. If they really start loosing shape I could send just the shirts out and order heavy starch for 99 cents a shirt. This would perk the shirts right up and then I could wash them several more times at home.

Tracy in VA

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt;COLOR: #0099cc;FONT-FAMILY: 'Segoe UI',Tahoma,san-serif;HEIGHT: 24px;">