Thread: cinnamon rolls

Budget101 Done Digging bethaliz6894's Avatar

Default cinnamon rolls

I love being on spring break with my kids.

I am getting to be the stay at home, spoil the kids rotten type of mom I always wanted to be. waffles and pancakes for breakfast, French toast and now I am doing something I have never done. home made cinnamon rolls. I always get the canned rolls but now being laidoff, I cant see paying the price for the store bought, rather the old fashion rolls according to my 7 year old.

Here is the recipe I am going to use. please wish me luck.

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Author: Savory Sweet Life
    Recipe type: Dessert

Prep time: 90 mins
    Cook time: 20 mins
    Total time: 1 hour 50 mins

Serves: 12

Soft, fluffly, homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.
    • 1 cup warm milk (115 degrees F)
    • 1 egg (room temperature), slightly beaten
    • ¼ cup butter, melted
    • ¼ cup vegetable oil
    • ½ cup white sugar
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 3½ cups flour plus more for dusting
    • 1 (.25 ounce) package (2¼ tsp) instant dry yeast
    • ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
    • ½ cup sugar
    • ½ cup brown sugar
    • 3 tablespoons cinnamon
    • Frosting:
    • ½ cup butter, softened
    • ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
    • 1½ cups powdered sugar

1. In a KitchenAid mixing bowl, add milk, egg, melted butter, oil, sugar, and salt. Add flour on top of all the liquid mixture sprinkling yeast on top. Using the dough hook, knead bread mixture on speed 3 until dough is smooth and elastic adding additional flour as needed (approx. 5-7 min.). Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a wet towel. Allow the dough to rise until doubled in size, approximately 1 hour in a warm area. *Hint: I typically preheat my oven to 200 degrees while dough is kneading and turn the oven off when kneading is complete. From there, I stick my covered bowl into the oven and leave the oven door cracked open to allow the dough to rise.
    2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon – set aside. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle slightly larger than a 9×13 pan (rectangle). Spread surface evenly with melted butter. and sprinkle sugar mixture on top. Use your hands to make the entire surface is evenly coated. Beginning with the long side, roll dough pinching the seam to seal.
    3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut (I like using dental floss) into 12 equal slices and place them in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
    4. To make the frosting, beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar on medium-high speed for three minutes. Set aside.
    5. Bake cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Frost with icing.

*Dough can be kneaded by hand, bread machine, or KitchenAid Mixer using the dough hook. However, directions below are written for a KitchenAid. *You can also use store bought frozen dinner roll dough to save time!

Default Re: cinnamon rolls

This is good and I love to eat it, now when I read my appetite immediately open thank you for the recipe

Ground Level Lurker

Default Re: cinnamon rolls

hmmm thanks for sharing this recipe its mouth watering.