Brand New Here

I found your board while searching for a way to unmold homemade butter -- and decided to join, to be a part of a message board system again. I am an "older" Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management student, working on my bachelor's degree -- it's a long, tedious process (and definitely not easier

schedule, working, board, participation, determines, semester, level, depending, gorgeous, daughters, mother, housewife, work, class, couponer, time, average, shopping, save, field, extreme, considered, years, system, message, part, older, culinary, student, management, hospitality, arts, join, searching, found, unmold, decided, butter, homemade, bachelors, degree, educational, brand, life, half, institution, certified, assistant, nursing, lived

Thread: Brand New Here

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Brand New Here

I found your board while searching for a way to unmold homemade butter -- and decided to join, to be a part of a message board system again.

I am an "older" Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management student, working on my bachelor's degree -- it's a long, tedious process (and definitely not easier once you have lived almost half your life outside of an educational institution).

I am a certified nursing assistant working in the Hospice field, housewife and mother to 3 gorgeous daughters: 26, 25 and 22.

Depending on my class schedule and work schedule, that determines my participation level here...at least until semester end.

I am what is now considered an "extreme couponer" -- for years, it never had a name...but I save, on average, 85% every time I go shopping.

Anyway -- that's all I have for right now.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brand New Here

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, CulArtStudent! Good to have you here. Enjoy! Thanks; Virginia

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the boards Culartstudent. Good luck in your studies. I consider myself to be older. I cant imagine going back to school now.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
    I consider myself to be older. I cant imagine going back to school now.
    If I can do it... you can too.

I have learned that many of my peers -- especially in English -- are scared of me because I have racked up 2 years of journalism (and writing for the campus newspaper) under my belt, in addition, I have 17 years "time served" in the United States Navy.

*sigh* such is life though -- there are a LOT of us "older" folks back in college to start anew -- we absolutely must, so we can reinvent ourselves... stenographers and secretaries who take short hand are obsolete.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been thinking about going back to school. culinary arts would be my major. I wont be able to go on my own, I would have to have student loans. I cant imagine having students loans in my mid 40's.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

that's what I have -- student loans... and although I have to repay them, I am borrowing a little extra each year so that I can take a much needed vacation each summer....

last year I went to NYC for 12 nights....this year I am going to Put In Bay for 7 nights...next year I am going to Poland and Germany (to see family) for 5 weeks and the senior year, I think I am going to Italy for 2 weeks
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really do wish you luck. I think I would be right behind doing it too if my kids weren't so young.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have considered going to LeCordon Bleu as an "older student". I just don't know if I can cut it in the culinary field after watching all those cooking shows! I love to cook, bake and learn. Ahhhh...would love to go to culinary school though.....
    ~Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but how many times our breaths are taken away!~