Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Kung Pao Chicken
03-29-2013, 08:27 AM #1
Kung Pao Chicken
I made this for diner last night. even the picky child liked it. it really did taste like the take out.
Sexy, Spicy Kung Pao Chicken
1 lb. chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
few dashes salt
1/2 cup corn starch (+1 tsp for sauce)
4-6 dry red chili peppers (or 1/2 tsp flakes) to taste
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
4-5 green onions cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
1 tsp. garlic chili bean sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. sesame seed oil
Peanut oil for frying
1. Shake some salt on chicken breast cubes in bowl and mix well. Add thecornstarch and coat pieces evenly. Set aside.
2. Prepare the green onion and garlic and put aside in small bowl. Do the samefor the sauce and set aside.
3. Heat about 1/2 cup peanut oil in wok on medium-high and fry cornstarchcoated (shake off excess) chicken chunks. When they're slightly golden and nolonger pink in the center, remove them with slotted spoon and place in servingbowl. Return wok to heat.
4. Add dry chili peppers and peanuts and toss until peppers turn bright red andpeanuts are slightly brown. Remove from wok and add to serving dish with friedchicken pieces. Return wok to heat.
5. Add more oil if needed and lower heat. Add sliced green onions and garlic.Stir fry quickly for about a minute. Pour back contents of serving dish andstir fry to combine all ingredients.
6. Pour sauce mixture over contents in wok and toss quickly to coat evenly. Fryand stir for about a minute.
7. Return finished Kung Pao Chicken to serving bowl and enjoy while hot
03-29-2013, 05:35 PM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
Re: Kung Pao Chicken
This sounds tasty and I think I've got everything on hand...not 100% sure of the dry chili peppers, but if not, I'll sub something else.
Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
03-29-2013, 06:54 PM #3
Re: Kung Pao Chicken
i really love homemade Chinese. my wok is by BFF