Using Leftovers Recipe

I am your typical 'lurker', but I had to come out of hiding. I have really enjoyed the posts and have received much inspiration and motivation from all of your help and comments. So now it is time to contribute.

I am gluten intolerant, can not have any wheat, which may keep me thin, but I crave breads, brownies, cookies, pancakes, etc. LIKE CRAZY! *smile So...when I crave carbos, I make rice. Not quite the same, but helps with the craving.

My family consists of 7 children. We are a blended family. My hubby has three, I have three and we have a 2 years together. Every other Sunday we have all the children together, except my oldest who lives on her own. Sunday I made one of their favorite dinners....breakfast. We had banana pancakes, hash browns and sausage. Monday when I decided to make some rice that I could eat all week, I also turned to my leftovers and here's what I came up with.

I boiled 2 cans of chicken broth, 1 can of broth (14 oz), 1 stick of butter. I added the 4 leftover sausages, cut up. I also added 1 cup of mixed veggies, leftover smoked ham. After thoroughly heated, I added left over hash browns which was 1 1/2 cups and 5 cups of minute rice. For seasoning I added Lemon Pepper and left all these wonderful ingredients steam. I made the best rice meal! And I have plenty to eat through out the week.

Thank you for all your encouragement, but especially thank you for teaching me to use leftovers. To me, if you don't use your leftovers, you might as well burn cash! LOL

~Pamela
Ogden, UT