Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies

Are you a bit domestically challenged? Try our Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies! This 7 minute, no-cook laundry detergent recipe makes anough Heavy Duty Laundry Detergent to wash 128 Loads of laundry, but it takes up very little room and less than $2.00 to make.

Read More: Article: Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for sharing this, I'm going to try it!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

will this work with zote soap also

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this detergent safe for use on cloth diapers?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question--can you use this in HE (high efficiency) washers?

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by TCain0001 View Post
    Question--can you use this in HE (high efficiency) washers?

According to the instructions in the recipe listed above, yes:

To use, add 1 Tablespoon to a load of laundry in any type of machine, conventional, Front Loader, High Capacity & High Efficiency (HE), etc. Do not add the detergent to the "detergent compartment" but instead directly with the dirty clothes. (It WILL get stuck in the compartment, I can assure you!)
    CC,

Yeah, This is my life now!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished making a batch this morning. I used the FIRST set of instructions. I have these things to add that might be helpful...

1. When I mixed my "pea sized" Fels Naptha bar and boiling water, the two did not fully incorporate but began to separate into two layers. I noticed this was happening, so I got a long teaspoon and stirred them up together... that's all it took... the layer finally solidified the way it was supposed to.

2. The next day, after you add the remaining ingredients and the boiling water, BE VERY CAREFUL to get the rubber gasket lined up before turning the jar over. I wasn't careful with this and leaked scalding water on my hands. OUCH!

3. Be sure to keep your blender on the LOWEST SPEED until the Fels Naptha gel layer melts and falls down to the blender knives area. Do not turn your blender up to WHIP until those two have had a chance to combine for a while. Otherwise, you may bend your blender blades the way I did... Arrgh! :P

4. To store my supplies for the next batch, I cut the tops off of the two boxes, down close to where the powder was, and that made each box small enough to fit into a gallon zip-top bag.

5. I used a piece of yarn to tie an old Tablespoon to my jar of laundry sauce for easy dispensing.

Thanks for the great tips on this website! I'm going to put up some links on my personal blog to your article here and share my experiences with it.

God bless,
    Anna "Banana" Jackson

(By the way... sorry if I posted this comment twice... but I didn't see it come up in the list after the first time I posted it.)

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love this recipe and will try it as soon as I can find a good used blender.

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast