semi ot: grease stain

Just a little background.. I work at a McDonald's and am having trouble getting french fry grease out of one of my shirts.. I tried shout and the dish washing soap I have,. ANy other (Frugal) suggestions? TIA Deb

200, background, dish, fre, french, frugal, fry, grease, jus, mcdonald, oil, semi, shirts, shout, soap, spa, stain, suggestions, type, work, washing, mcdonalds, trouble

DLW

Default semi ot: grease stain

Just a little background.. I work at a McDonald's and am having trouble

getting french fry grease out of one of my shirts.. I tried shout and the dish

washing soap I have,. ANy other (Frugal) suggestions?

TIA

Deb

Ann Garner

Try rubbing alcohol. Another thing to try is to use specifically

Dawn dish washing soap. I have yet to get a grease or oil spatter of

any type on clothing and Dawn not get it out.

Ann in Arkansas

At 07:08 AM 6/24/2008, you wrote:

> Just a little background.. I work at a McDonald's and am having

> trouble getting french fry grease out of one of my shirts.. I tried

> shout and the dish washing soap I have,. ANy other (Frugal) suggestions?

>TIA

>Deb

Jacqui Caruso

In high school I worked at Dairy Queen and it is unreal the stains I had on my uniform daily! A friends mom suggested I try Shout Stain Stick & I have been a loyal customer ever since! When dd was an infant I used it on her clothes when she would spit up and it worked on that, too! Here I am and she is 12 now and I still use it when I have a heavy duty stain which is not so much anymore.

HTH,
    Jacqui C. in NE Georgia

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:08 AM, DLW <bluesong2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just a little background.. I work at a McDonald&#39;s and am having trouble getting french fry grease out of one of my shirts.. I tried shout and the dish washing soap I have,. ANy other (Frugal) suggestions?

TIA
    Deb[/quote]

mkjlhowell

Take cornstarch with some water, to make a paste, and rub it all over

the stain. Allow it to dry, then wash. The cornstarch will draw out

the oils and you should be good to go.

Kelli

>

Val Coulman

WalMart sells "Magic Wand: The original stain remover stick" by Prym-Dritz (SC) - about $3 and lasts a LONG time - that I&#39;ve had great success with. I&#39;ve only had to buy two in the last 15 years. Everything from magic markers and highlighter pens to grease and lipstick stains. We used to use it on wedding dresses in one job I had so I know it doesn&#39;t bleach out color or harm delicate fabrics (not that a McDonald&#39;s uniform qualifies as delicate...). I&#39;d highly recommend it.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:08 AM, DLW <bluesong2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just a little background.. I work at a McDonald&#39;s and am having trouble getting french fry grease out of one of my shirts.. I tried shout and the dish washing soap I have,. ANy other (Frugal) suggestions?
    [/quote]

--
    Val Coulman
    vcoulman@gmail.com