Favorite 3 ingredient Recipes: Fresh Orange Cream Parfaits
Fresh Orange Cream Parfaits
4 lb juice oranges (about 12)
1 Tbsp plus 1/4 tsp unflavored gelatin, from 2 envelopes
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1. Have ready an 8-in. square baking pan and six 8-oz stemmed glasses.
2. Grate 4 tsp orange zest. Wrap 1 tsp; set aside.
3. Juice the oranges (you should have 3 cups). Pour 1/2 cup into a
small saucepan, sprinkle in gelatin; let stand 2 minutes. Stir with a
heatproof rubber spatula over low heat until steaming and gelatin
4. Pour into remaining juice. Stir in 3 Tbsp sugar until dissolved.
Stir in 3 tsp zest. Pour into pan; refrigerate 2 hours, or until firm.
5. Up to 4 hours before serving: Whip cream with 2 Tbsp sugar until
soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir in reserved zest. Cut
gelatin into 1-in. squares. Using a spatula, place half the squares
in the glasses and top them with half the cream. Repeat layers. If
desired, garnish with orange slices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Savin' Moola For This Useful Post:
Tags for this Thread