Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello from the beautiful Rocky Mountain city of Fort Collins, CO

Hello to you all. Yes, I am a sailor, retired Navy. My husband and I are very fortunate that we were able to move here to Fort Collins, CO two and a half years ago. This is the best place on Earth I've ever lived.
    I'm so happy to have found this forum. I like natural, homemade things, and who doesn't like saving money? I found this site because of a link to the homemade laundry sauce which appeared on a business forum I belong to for doTERRA Independent Product Consultants.
    I just happened to already have those ingredients since I was planning on making the dry version of the detergent. I don't have the room to store the liquid version, so this is even better! I'll be adding a lovely scent to mine because of my Essential Oils; not artificial chemicals like what is in Purex crystals. I look forward to making my laundry sauce tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday!
    My husband and I have sensitive skin that has just gotten more and more problematic, so that's why I've decided to undertake this project. Plus, laundry stuff is so expensive now. I've started using vinegar for the rinse cycle and yarn balls with a few drops of Essential Oils on them for a nice scent. A wash cloth with safety pins in it makes the static electricity a non-issue better than fabric softener or dryer sheets!

I look forward to checking out all the other neat ideas and tips here. Take care all!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello from the beautiful Rocky Mountain city of Fort Collins, CO

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, RkyMtnSailor85! Good to have you here. Lots of ideas, information and recipes for everyone on this site. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Thanks; Virginia

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome, I'm new too from gorgeous Idaho! Beautiful mountains like Colorado!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome! Glad to have you here! If you need any help, feel free to ask! There is so much to see, learn, and do here! This is a wonderful site! Enjoy! Thank you for your service! My husband is retired Army. I love making things from scratch. It makes me feel more productive and I like knowing what I'm giving my family. I, too, will be making the laundry sauce. I'm hoping it works as well as everyone claims!

Michelle
    ~Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but how many times our breaths are taken away!~