Ground Level Lurker

Default Truck Driver - Cooking in his Truck

My husband is a long haul trucker. His truck is now equipped with a converter. This device converts the power from the truck into electricity. My husband has a microwave, a coffee pot and a small refrigerator in his truck. He can prepare his own meals in the truck, but most of the time, he doesn't have time to cook. He eats lunch meat sandwiches and fruit. I have prepared and sent with him meals such as chili, spaghetti, left over meatloaf, etc. These meals just need to be heated in the microwave. Does anyone have quick meal suggestions that can be prepared in the microwave??

He does buy meals at truck stops and fast food places some of the time, but this is extremely expensive when he is away from home two to three weeks at a time.

I will appreciate any quick microwave recipes!!

Budget101 Done Digging bethaliz6894's Avatar

Default Re: Truck Driver - Cooking in his Truck

my father in law is a truck driver. he bought a small crockpot and fixes chicken and vegetables in it. he also has a cooler that hooks up to a cig lighter and a fan runs and somehow keeps the food really cold. colder than ice would keep it but not frozen.(I forget what he called it) and he keeps his food in there. he also freezes grapes and berries and snacks on them while driving. he started doing this about 2 years ago and lost 150 pounds. he also lost his CDL due to diabetes and he is now off all of his meds.