Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello! I'm like you... trying to make ends meet

We're a family of five living on a single income, which never seems to cover anything beyond the basics. I am disabled and unsuccessful in qualifying for Social Security Disability Benefits. My husband and I view money very differently, and it seems like we could be one serious crisis away from losing everything.(I am not exaggerating...)

My purpose in joining this community is to learn how create a budget that is realistic, and to gain some control on how our money is being spent. Until I stopped working, I had no idea how much having an income influenced our decisions. No income = no influence, and that cannot continue. I am about to change our struggling distasteful household budget into a healthy successful family money management plan. So wish me luck!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello! I'm like you... trying to make ends meet

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, Mom23247! Good to have you here. Lots of ideas, information and recipes on this site to help you meet your goals. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Good Luck!! Thanks; Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello! I'm like you... trying to make ends meet

Welcome Mom23247! I know how you feel. I am married (DH works) but I am on Social Security Disability. Our income is barely enough to cover the basics and like you, we are one crisis away from disaster. If one thing breaks down in this house... I have decided to be proactive. I am setting a grocery budget, making mixes that I used to buy, and taking things much more seriously than I did a few years ago. Good luck to you! We can do it!
    ~Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but how many times our breaths are taken away!~