Thread: d/w detergent

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question d/w detergent

My Husband is an appliance repairman, and he only "allows" Finish. It's so outrageously expensive! Is there really an inexpensive alternative I can sell HIM on

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: d/w detergent

if you watch sales and coupons (and/or trade for those coupons) -- you can get Finish for close to FREE.

I still have like a 12 year supply of Finish in my storage stockpile, but the house we live in now (rent) doesn't have a dishwasher -- so I am keeping it until we move into our own house...

In the meantime, you may be able to get Finish on Amazon or buy it in bulk from Sam's Club...

You can buy the coupons from Dede's -- 75/1 (they expire in May)

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner_$0.75/1_Clipped Coupons
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I only use finish too. the good coupons usually come out at the first of the year. I have a 2 year maybe even 3 year supply for less than 20.00.

I am just wondering what does he not like about the other brands?

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

probably because other brands are notorious for leaving a sediment that clogs the pipes and hoses, and can really screw up your machine.
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think I have used anything but Finish since I started couponing. that has been about 6 years now.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I make my own DW detergent pellets, I've never had clogged pipes or a deposit on the inside of my dishwasher. Some detergents will turn stainless steel dark gray (Dawn Complete) if the tap water has certain magnesium. Hard water usually causes the crusting and deposits, so a good DW rinse agent should be used, or just use vinegar or lemon juice.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

We used Cascade but now have started to make our own D/W detergent by mixing borax, A/H Washing Soda and Epsom Salts. We put the lemon juice directly into the rinse section of the dishwasher and we are also making pellets from the mix, using the lemon juice as the binding agent. Check out the MYO Household items. It shows you how to make it.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by princessjanetta View Post
    My Husband is an appliance repairman, and he only "allows" Finish. It's so outrageously expensive! Is there really an inexpensive alternative I can sell HIM on

Yes, you can try My Super Dishwasher Sauce recipe, my son calls it "Awseomesauce"

Budget101.com - - Mom's Super Dishwasher Sauce | Homemade Super Concentrated Dishwasher Detergent | MYO Liquid Dishwasher Soap
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**