MYO Buttery Spread

I was a bit low on milk and I wanted to make the soft butter recipe found in the More-With-Less Cookbook. I like the recipe as it makes soft butter while stretching it out too. Any way I did have 2 pints of cream in the frig so I used the following: 1/4 cup heavy cream, approximate 2 sticks

margarine, cream, butter, soft, beat, fluffy, buttery, spread, incorporated, recipe, mixer, kitchenaid, making, whip, speed, spending, veggies, toast, serve, mixture, bake, real, taste, money, sticks, makes, cookbook, stretching, more-with-less, found, milk, make, wanted, approximate, heavy, mixing, slowly, bowl, pints, frig, continue

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MYO Buttery Spread

I was a bit low on milk and I wanted to make the soft butter recipe found in the More-With-Less Cookbook. I like the recipe as it makes soft butter while stretching it out too. Any way I did have 2 pints of cream in the frig so I used the following:

1/4 cup heavy cream, approximate
    2 sticks soft margarine

Add the soft margarine to a mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy. Slowly add the cream and continue to beat until fluffy and the cream is incorporated into the margarine.

If you have a KitchenAid mixer, use the whip and beat the margarine until fluffy. Add the cream and beat again until the cream is incorporated into the margarine. I use speed 6 to 8 when making this with my K5 mixer.

The margarine will have a buttery taste without spending all that money for real butter.

You can serve this with toast, veggies or anywhere you would use butter as a spread. You can not bake with this mixture.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO Buttery Spread

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Mom View Post
    The margarine will have a buttery taste without spending all that money for real butter.
    Yum! I'm all for adding flavor to margarine! Another addition that you can make is to add 1 Tbs of Honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon to this recipe to make a delicious Honey Cinnamon Spread for toast, bagels, biscuits, muffins or scones. It'll last about 10 days in the fridge.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO Buttery Spread

Thanks FreebieQueen. I was buying as a treat some of the buttery spreads until I made this accidental discovery.