Make Your Own Larabars

Make your own homemade larabars copycat recipe - Learn How to make your own Fruit and nut bars in over 25 different flavors for affordable guilt free snacking Read More: Article: Make Your Own Larabars

make, larabars, article, flavors, affordable, snacking, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4047-make-your-own-copycat-lara-bars, read, free, guilt, recipe, copycat, homemade, learn, bars, fruit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Make Your Own Larabars

Make your own homemade larabars copycat recipe - Learn How to make your own Fruit and nut bars in over 25 different flavors for affordable guilt free snacking

Read More: Article: Make Your Own Larabars
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

These look so good. I am going to try a few of them.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've made these before with other recipes but they added salt and vanilla extract. I like this simpler version. These bars are great for a snack, especially when you are craving sweets. I make them into small balls instead of bars. Tonight I made the cherry pie version, but with cashews because that's what I had on hand. Yum!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to add this to my earlier comment. I do recommend soaking the fruit a little. The mixture will combine much easier that way. You can soak them the way the recipe says or put all the fruit in a glass measuring cup or bowl, cover with water and put in the microwave for around 15-20 seconds. Works great! If you don't soak you fruit and it was tough and leathery you may end up with whole pieces of fruit mixed in the bars. (The strength of your food processor may affect the results, too).

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so making these this weekend!!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried the Choc Chip Brownie and the PB one and they just did not stick together. I even let them stay in the fridge over night. They crumble as soon as I try to cut them. I am going to try to reblend them again tonight. Will keep you posted. So far, not too happy because my colleague's turned out really good!

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make Your Own Larabars

Quote Originally Posted by sievegirl View Post
    I tried the Choc Chip Brownie and the PB one and they just did not stick together. I even let them stay in the fridge over night. They crumble as soon as I try to cut them. I am going to try to reblend them again tonight. Will keep you posted. So far, not too happy because my colleague's turned out really good!
    Did you soak your dates first?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make Your Own Larabars

Try adding a little water. That's what I did and they held perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by sievegirl View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast