Thread: Jello

Tressa Watts

Default Jello

I have been a vegetarian for almost 2 years now...and I really miss Jello. Is there anyway to make Jello without Gelatin? LOL ANd oh how I miss my peeps...but (mentally) I cannot eat them because of the gelatin/marshmallows.

Thanx Tressa

<hr>Instantly invite friends from Facebook and other social networks to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Invite friends now!

Talea Ranker

Default Jello

<div style="font-family:garamond, new york, times, serif;font-size:14pt;">

Mary Janes Farm web site (you'll have to google it as I'velost theaddress)has something for vegetarians that's very much like it. It's the only place I know where it can be obtained. hth

~Tee
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: garamond, new york, times, serif;">

----- Original Message ----
    To: budgetgroup <budget101_@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Monday, June 9, 2008 9:34:23 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Jello

I have been a vegetarian for almost 2 years now...and I really miss Jello. Is there anyway to make Jello without Gelatin? LOL ANd oh how I miss my peeps...but (mentally) I cannot eat them because of the gelatin/marshmallow s.
    Thanx Tressa

Instantly invite friends from Facebook and other social networks to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Invite friends now!

Stephanie Dark

Default Jello

I have friends who are vegetarian and I recall them saying there is something you can substitute for gelatin.
    Here's one I found on the internet (did a search of "vegetarian jello") that uses something called "agar agar" which I bet you can find at your local health food store:http://www.fatfree.com/recipes/desse...getarian-jello<br class="webkit-block-placeholder"><div apple="true"> This website lists many gelatin alternatives:http://www.ivu.org/faq/gelatine.html
    Good luck!Stephanie