Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a Free or Dirt Cheap Prom Dress

Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a Free or Dirt Cheap Prom Dress

Prom Dresses & Gowns can easily break the budget, but it's a right of passage every girl looks forward to! Check out these great tips for finding Free or Inexpensive prom dresses, gowns and accessories for an affordable Unforgettable Prom Read More: Article: Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a

prom, free, dress, dresses, gowns, cheap, dirt, tips-, article, frugal, find, inexpensive, finding, great, tips, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=4046-frugal-prom-tips-where-to-find-a-free-or-dirt-cheap-prom-dress, read, unforgettable, affordable, accessories, budget, break, easily, forward, girl, passage, check

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a Free or Dirt Cheap Prom Dress

Prom Dresses & Gowns can easily break the budget, but it's a right of passage every girl looks forward to! Check out these great tips for finding Free or Inexpensive prom dresses, gowns and accessories for an affordable Unforgettable Prom

Read More: Article: Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a Free or Dirt Cheap Prom Dress
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased a very nice dress at Salvation Army. For only $1.50 my daughter will be dressed in something Audrey Hepburn might have worn. I LOVE the thrift shops.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you live near Indianapolis, IN or Shelbyville, IN there is a store called Blessed to Dress
    1640 E. State Rd. 44, Shelbyville, IN 46176 317-398-9808 - it is a ministry and they have dresses that look like they have never been worn plus accessories. Worth the drive there!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Instead of dry cleaning which is super expensive, you'd be amazed how well a formal dress washes in the washing machine! When you buy a used dress, try cleaning it yourself. If you got it super cheap, you've really got nothing to lose. I know for experience as I washed my daughter's prom dress on delicate in cool water in the washer. I pre-soaked it for 15 minutes before putting it through the cycle. Then I hung it outside on the line. There weren't even any wrinkles and it smelled fresh and looked fantastic and did NOT shrink!

A few years later, my daughter was married in an outdoor ceremony and the dress was a mess by the time the reception was over. She stored the dress in without having cleaned it for a year! I finally said that I'd clean it, so I took it home and you guessed it...washed it in the washer! I hung it on the line and the neighbors asked me why in the world I had a wedding dress on the clothesline. I told them and they were shocked that it turned out beautifully! No more dry cleaning for us!

By the way, I've even washed my suit jackets that I've purchased used...same method! Also real suede jackets go into the washer AND dryer...they turn out perfect!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: Frugal Prom Tips- Where to find a Free or Dirt Cheap Prom Dress

Quote Originally Posted by HerbLady View Post
    I purchased a very nice dress at Salvation Army. For only $1.50 my daughter will be dressed in something Audrey Hepburn might have worn. I LOVE the thrift shops.
    I also think thrift stores are perfect for great clothing finds. It does take time but I have two brand new stores within a half mile of my home....Goodwill and Salvation army as well as a new store called "Clothes Mentor". I find wonderful blazers there for 5.99 and great Clarks shoes that have never been worn. Look for a" Clothes Mentor" in yourarea as you can get cash on the spot for gently used clothing or apply it to a purchase of a new dress from their store!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know there lots of places for discount dresses but I have a son and renting a tux can run about $300. How can I cut costs on a tuxedo?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers,
    Our eldest son played in the band for high school and he was required to have a tux. We were able to purchase tuxes, at a very reasonable (the purchase price was less than the cost of one rental), at a local tuxedo rental store.
    Our daughter dances competitively and she just purchased a formal dress and nice but less formal dress at wish.com for a very reasonable cost.