MYO: Caramel

MYO: Caramel

Homemade Caramel recipe For an easy caramel topping or dip, simply heat Eagle Brand using the following directions. For safety reasons, heating the unopened can (an old cooking method) is NOT recommended. Instead use one of the following methods. OVEN METHOD; Pour 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened

425, bake, budget, cooking, creator, designer, easy, face, hot, minutes, mom, pie, plate, power, recipe, safe, safety, smooth, spa, water, caramel, eagle, brand, method, pour, condensed, thick, milk, sweetened, heat, larger, place, cook, colored, hours, stirring, briskly, unopened, beat, medium-low, simmer, caramel-colored, boiling, ~enjoy, medium, boiler, caution, 2-quart, glass, measuring

Thread: MYO: Caramel

Liss

Default MYO: Caramel

Homemade Caramel recipe

For an easy caramel topping or dip, simply heat Eagle Brand using the following directions. For safety reasons, heating the unopened can (an old cooking method) is NOT recommended. Instead use one of the following methods.

OVEN METHOD; Pour 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with aluminum foil place in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with hot water. Bake at 425 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel colored.

STOVETOP METHOD; Pour 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler ; place over boiling water. Over low heat, simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until thick and caramel colored. Beat until smooth.

MICROWAVE METHOD; Pour 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk into 2-quart glass measuring cup. Cook on 50% power (medium) 4 minutes, stirring briskly every 2 minutes until smooth. Cook on 30% power (medium-low) 20 to 26 minutes or until very thick and caramel-colored, stirring briskly every 4 minutes during the first 16 minutes and every 2 minutes the last 4 to 10 minutes.

CAUTION: NEVER HEAT UNOPENED CAN

~Enjoy !~

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MYO: Caramel

This sounds delish! Thank you for sharing, I'm going to make some tomorrow to go with the apples I bought today.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure there is plenty of water in the pan when boiling the Eagle Brand Milk. I once let the water get too low (not out) and the can exploded. It flew across the kitchen before it emptied the caramel everywhere. It does not do this if there is enough water in the pan.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had not heard about doing this until this past Christmas when my daughter made some. She is pregnant and was wanting caramel and apples. She made us two cans of it. She did it with the can unopened, but she put it in a crock pot and covered the can with water and cooked for 4 hours. It was terrific!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lindagale For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: MYO: Caramel

I had no idea making caramel was this easy... I see homemade caramel apples in my future!

Thank you so much, Liss