Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Kid on the Block

Hello All,

We bought a home last year, were doing great, buying into the consumerist life style (I used to know better. I was certainly raised better) and then 4 months after buying our home my husband lost his job. We are both 47, his skills are no longer marketable and we have no retirment started and not much savings left. The upside is the only debt we have is the house. No credit cards and we own our cars. So I'm finishing the degree i started 20 years ago and then going to grad school for library Sciences. My husband is starting over in the career department. He will likely go to work part time in Home Depot and go back to school. We are lucky because I work at a university and we get free tuition. It is an important benifit that outweighs the fact that I make less than I would elsewhere. So it's time to remeber how I was raised and go back to the good old days of doing what you can with what you have. I want to live healthy and frugal, but working full time and going to school doesn't leave me much free time. So I need conveniences. The challenge will be creating my own in the time I have. I'm hoping to get some help here and share what I discover as well. I'm versed in what my grandmothers called Kitchen Witchery. Basically hearty food, canning, lotions, herbal remedies, old world wise woman stuff and all with what's at hand. i hope I have something to contribute.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Kid on the Block

Hi SiilyPeanut ~ Love your user name. Kitchen Witchery also cracked me up. Hope to read more of your posts!!!!!
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Kid on the Block

Hello and Welcome to Budget 101, SillyPeanut! Good to have you here. Lots of ideas, information and recipes on this site. Enjoy! Any questions, just ask. Thanks; Virginia