Help! Mosquito Madness....lol....Does anyone have ideas?

Hi, I have tried everything, dryer sheets, bug spray, skin so soft and they keep biting. It has been a bad year so far with mosquitos here in Wi. My husband counted my bites from just over the weekend and there were 153 and thats with Depp Woods Bug spray!!

bad, bee, bites, bug, catch, dryer, hey, ideas, inside, mosquito, pan, pants, sheets, skin, soft, spray, thank you, weekend, woods, year, depp, ticks, ground, terrible, legs, crawl, biting, madness, counted, husband, mosquitos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jaimie

Default Help! Mosquito Madness....lol....Does anyone have ideas?

Hi, I have tried everything, dryer sheets, bug spray, skin so soft and

they keep biting.

It has been a bad year so far with mosquitos here in Wi.

My husband counted my bites from just over the weekend and there were

153 and thats with Depp Woods Bug spray!!

Ticks are bad too this year...They come from the ground so I can

usually catch them when we all come inside as they crawl up pants or

legs but they are terrible.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.

Denise

Have you tried spraying Listerine? That's what we use when camping in

combination with one of those Off lanterns and we haven't had problems.

Good luck,

Denise

valarie wade

have you tried the skin so soft bug guard ? It is specifically for mosquitos and

deer ticks. Also chiggers and no-seeums.

----- Original Message ----

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2008 1:32:19 AM

Subject: Budget101.com : Help! Mosquito Madness....lol....Does anyone have

ideas?

Hi, I have tried everything, dryer sheets, bug spray, skin so soft and

they keep biting.

mem68

I have read to take vit B to keep the mosquitos away.

----- Original Message -----

To: <Budget101_@yahoogroups.com>

Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:32 PM

Subject: Budget101.com : Help! Mosquito Madness....lol....Does anyone have

ideas?

> Hi, I have tried everything, dryer sheets, bug spray, skin so soft and

> they keep biting.

> It has been a bad year so far with mosquitos here in Wi.

Karen Howell

IF you find something, let us know!! I've tried SkinSoSoft by Avon and it works ok where I've sprayed it but the mosquitos seem to know that I went knee high so they aim for the thigh! I've tried the dryer sheets and that didn't do anything for me and the Vit. B I've been taking for a year and absolutely no results with it. But, I think everyones body chemistry is different so what works for one may not work for another. I know years ago they said things like no perfume and wear either dark or light clothes and I tried all those and nothing. I think certain people's blood smells different - since I was a teen (I'm 58 now)I've been bitten a lot and people around me will have no bites or one or two and I'm sporting 30+. I figure it could be worse - snakes could love me instead of mosquitos!! lol KarenMO

&#32;

Walker, Marybeth

I haven’t followed this thread very closely, so
    please forgive me if someone already sent in this idea. But my mother in law
    just sent me an email that said you could keep mosquitoes away from an area by
    simply spritzing Listerine around on the ground. Like say, if you were going
    to have dinner on your patio, you could just spritz the Listerine on the patio
    floor and it should keep the mosquitoes away. I have never tried this, so I
    can’t vouch for it, but it seems like it’s worth a try. If you can
    put the stuff in your mouth, it should be safe enough to spray around pets and
    kids.

coutant5

have you tried eating garlic? I never get bitten and its because I eat fresh garlic in a lot of my food.
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:25 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Re: Help! Mosquito Madness....lol....Does anyone have ideas?

IF you find something, let us know!! I've tried SkinSoSoft by Avon and it works ok where I've sprayed it but the mosquitos seem to know that I went knee high so they aim for the thigh!
    I've tried the dryer sheets and that didn't do anything for me and the Vit. B I've been taking for a year and absolutely no results with it.
    But, I think everyones body chemistry is different so what works for one may not work for another. I know years ago they said things like no perfume and wear either dark or light clothes and I tried all those and nothing. I think certain people's blood smells different - since I was a teen (I'm 58 now)I've been bitten a lot and people around me will have no bites or one or two and I'm sporting 30+.
    I figure it could be worse - snakes could love me instead of mosquitos!! lol KarenMO

Christine Bergeron

My 8 yr old son gets eaten alive and the bites balloon up toalmost golf ball sized hard lumps that are hot to the touch. While my husband could stand in a swarm of them and not get biten at all and if he does he has no reaction to it. Where I will have to scratch so bad I sometimes break to skin.

Karen Howell <karensbirds@yahoo.com> wrote: IF you find something, let us know!! I've tried SkinSoSoft by Avon and it works ok where I've sprayed it but the mosquitos seem to know that I went knee high so they aim for the
    thigh! I've tried the dryer sheets and that didn't do anything for me and the Vit. B I've been taking for a year and absolutely no results with it. But, I think everyones body chemistry is different so what works for one may not work for another. I know years ago they said things like no perfume and wear either dark or light clothes and I tried all those and nothing. I think certain people's blood smells different - since I was a teen (I'm 58 now)I've been bitten a lot and people around me will have no bites or one or two and I'm sporting 30+. I figure it could be worse - snakes could love me instead of mosquitos!! lol KarenMO

&#32;

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast