Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elizabeth Farnsworth

Default cost of auto glass

<TD id="INCREDIHEADER" width="100%">
    <TABLE contentEditable="true" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;" tabIndex="-1" width="100%">
    <TBODY tabIndex="-1">
    <TR tabIndex="-1">
    <TD tabIndex="-1">
    <DIV tabIndex="-1" align="center">

<TD id="INCREDITEXTREGION" dir="ltr" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;DIRECTION: ltr;" vAlign="top" width="100%">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Omygosh my daughter's car was parked in the driveway as usual.....husband was mowing and trimming and not sure which one noticed that the small back side window was shattered.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">We think it might have been a rock from the yard work but we don't know for sure. Husband offered of coarse to pay for it. I called two places so far $395.00 & just over $400.00 for one tiny window!
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">I had her call her insurance and see if she'd get a ding if she claimed it...you know how rates go up when you make a claim. Well her husband made their deductible $1000.00 so can't do that.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">I'm sure if we claimed it on our homeowners it would make that go up to.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Any suggestions for cheaper window replacement?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">The one place I called said they offered new or used windows but he didn't offer that option to me....maybe the car an 06 is too new.....
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Any ideas?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">

<DIV id="INCREDISIGNATUREID">
    <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;">
    <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif;">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Elizabeth Farnsworth
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">A Landmark Study proves weare healthier with Shaklee than without &we feel healthier
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Know anyone who'd like to feel& be healthier?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#0000ff">http://www.shaklee.net/embrace_health<FONT face="Cambria Math">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Drop a few inches before Summer!
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Know anyone who'd like to drop some inches?

<FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#0000ff">http://www.cinchplan.com/embrace_health<FONT face="Cambria Math" size="4">

<TD vAlign="bottom">
    <TABLE>

</TD>
    <TD id="INCREDIANIM" vAlign="bottom" align="middle">

<TD vAlign="bottom" width="100%">
    <TABLE contentEditable="true" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;" width="100%">

<TD>

John & Tammy

Same thing happened to us, call an auto salvage yard. Mine cost $65. Hubby was able to put it in himself, even though it was on a mini-van and it was electronic opening.
    Tammy in WI

Creative Beauty by Pat

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#000080">Oh my, that is so unreal. My husband was mowing the lawn and the same thing happen to his side window or his car. Just this past weekend. We haven't gotten it fixed or any estimates. We only have liability on his vehicle.
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#000080">
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#000080">Pat

Lucy Anderson

Depending on your insurance, glass is covered differently.

My mom paid for her rear window because she thought that the deductible applied, etc (like everyone above). But the next time I was present and told her just call the insurance - auto glass is covered without the deductible. All she had to do was call and they sent a person right out to fix it. You can get the dings in your windshield fixed by the insurance with no deductible too (they&#39;d rather fix the dings than pay for a whole windshield).

We have USAA and comprehensive covered it, I think.

Anyway, you might want to poke around your insurance before giving in and buying a new window out of pocket.

JENNIFER HALLIGAN

<font size="3" color="black" face="Times New Roman">12.0pt;color:black;">I used to work in the glass business and
    my husband still works in the glass business. Many companies offer different
    prices for auto glass. It would do good to check with several different
    businesses before making a purchase. Many auto glass companies will work with insurance
    companies and you only end up paying a small price. The salvage yard is also a
    good idea, installing is pretty simple when it is a stationary window. Hope
    that helps.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Times New Roman">12.0pt;color:black;">Jennifer

<p class="MsoAutoSig"><font size="3" color="black" face="Times New Roman">12.0pt;color:black;font-style:italic;">

<font size="3" color="#666600" face="Arial">12.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:#666600;">

<span id="_AthCaret">

Kelly Tanner

Maybe you could call around to some salvage yards. Even a dealership. The odd time parts are cheaper there than at other places. I just don't know if they have windows though but at 400 bucks it is worth a few phone calls.

`.(*.(`. .).*).`
    *.. Kelly. .*`
    `.(.(.* *.)`.).`

[quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:31 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : cost of auto glass

<TD id="INCREDIHEADER" width="100%">
    <TABLE contentEditable="true" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;" tabIndex="-1" width="100%">
    <TBODY tabIndex="-1">
    <TR tabIndex="-1">
    <TD tabIndex="-1">
    <DIV tabIndex="-1" align="center">

<TD id="INCREDITEXTREGION" dir="ltr" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;DIRECTION: ltr;" vAlign="top" width="100%">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Omygosh my daughter's car was parked in the driveway as usual.....husband was mowing and trimming and not sure which one noticed that the small back side window was shattered.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">We think it might have been a rock from the yard work but we don't know for sure. Husband offered of coarse to pay for it. I called two places so far $395.00 & just over $400.00 for one tiny window!
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">I had her call her insurance and see if she'd get a ding if she claimed it...you know how rates go up when you make a claim. Well her husband made their deductible $1000.00 so can't do that.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">I'm sure if we claimed it on our homeowners it would make that go up to.
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Any suggestions for cheaper window replacement?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">The one place I called said they offered new or used windows but he didn't offer that option to me....maybe the car an 06 is too new.....
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">Any ideas?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#c6044d" size="4">

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;">
    <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif;">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Elizabeth Farnsworth
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">A Landmark Study proves weare healthier with Shaklee than without &we feel healthier
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Know anyone who'd like to feel& be healthier?
    <FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#0000ff">http://www.shaklee.net/embrace_health<FONT face="Cambria Math">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Drop a few inches before Summer!
    <FONT face="Cambria Math">Know anyone who'd like to drop some inches?

<FONT face="Cambria Math" color="#0000ff">http://www.cinchplan.com/embrace_health<FONT face="Cambria Math" size="4">

<TD vAlign="bottom">
    <TABLE>

</TD>
    <TD id="INCREDIANIM" vAlign="bottom" align="middle">

<TD vAlign="bottom" width="100%">
    <TABLE contentEditable="true" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman;" width="100%">

<TD>

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG.
    Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.5/1479 - Release Date: 6/2/2008 7:02 PM

Carole Scandrol

Have you tried a junk yard? Look in your phone book or Superpages on the internet under used auto parts. Call each one and see if any of them have the window you need. Even though the car is an 06, I'm pretty sure there are some that have been wrecked.

Carole

shelleereneejackson

Auto parts and windshield places give mechanics, auto-body shops, and

dealerships discounts. If you know someone who is one of these you

could ask them to call and state that they are from "A&A motors" (for

example) then you can get it fixed at a discount. My cousin works in

an auto body shop and I get parts discounted all the time even from

the dealerships if I let him call for me.

Shellee

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Farnsworth"

<1_nation_under_god@...> wrote:

>

> Omygosh my daughter's car was parked in the driveway as

usual.....husband

> was mowing and trimming and not sure which one noticed that the

small back

> side window was shattered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast