sunshine052701

Default what can you tell me about Timeshare presentations/free travel oppor

I heard you can travel free if you attend Timeshare presentations and

endure the 90 miute tour (that actually lasts hours?)

Laura Rose

Yes these companies are legit, many of them will have different incentives for going to the presentation and when you get there they will try to hard sell you but if you stick to your guns and keep saying no then you can make it out with your gifts without spending anything. Just make sure you meet the requirements so they dont disqualify you. Those requirements are usually just being over 21, making at least 25,000/year and bring 2 forms of ID (DL and Checkbook/Credit Card) and if you are married or engaged your SO usually has to be with you.

Jocelyn D.

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" background="none" style="font-family:arial;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;"><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;">

be sure to schedule your presentation early depending on what incentive is being offered. I went to a timeshare weekend. Scheduled a Sunday presentation. The incentive was a free whale sighting boat tour. We received passes and were told they were valid for the tour. We called the tour place and they said the passes were valid. We stood in line about an hour for the tour. When they collected the tickets, I was told what we had was a promisory and we would get the actual ticket at the presentation.

I ran back to the timeshare office, told them what happened. they agreed. tickets would be given at presentation. salesguy who scheduled for Sunday told me these were tickets and we could use at and time. He either lied or just told me what I wanted to hear toget me out of the office. Sunday presentation would not work for these tours. not their problem. no boat tour.

By the time of our presentation, it was too late for a tour, so the main incentive that we went for, we did not get to do. But we still had to sit through the sales presentation.

All this is said just to make sure that whatever your incentive is, get the sales presentatuon schedukled early and over. They know wonderful sales tricks, be prepared for the hardest sell you have ever had in your life. make sure you get your incentives, so the trip is worth it.

Before going, ask around, see if anyone would mind if you give the sales people their names. you will be offered additional incenives once there for sales leads. free dinner for 5 phone numbers? tempting, but uncle Fred may have harsh words for you about these people who won'tstop calling if you don't talk to him in advance.

just a few thoughts.

Beckyh

--- On Fri, 5/30/08, Laura Rose <lexibethr@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : what can you tell me about Timeshare presentations/free travel opportunities?
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Friday, May 30, 2008, 8:19 AM

<DIV id="yiv127269245">

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;COLOR: rgb(51,51,51);FONT-FAMILY: arial;BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255);" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0">

<TD vAlign="top">Yes these companies are legit, many of them will have different incentives for going to the presentation and when you get there they will try to hard sell you but if you stick to your guns and keep saying no then you can make it out with your gifts without spending anything. Just make sure you meet the requirements so they dont disqualify you. Those requirements are usually just being over 21, making at least 25,000/year and bring 2 forms of ID (DL and Checkbook/Credit Card) and if you are married or engaged your SO usually has to be with you.

--- On Thu, 5/29/08, sunshine052701 <sunshine052701@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : what can you tell me about Timeshare presentations/ free travel opportunities?
    To: Budget101_@yahoogro ups.com
    Date: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 9:16 PM

<DIV id="yiv1410614938">

I heard you can travel free if you attend Timeshare presentations and
    endure the 90 miute tour (that actually lasts hours?)

Herlean

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" background="none" style="font-family:arial;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;"><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;">

Go to Disney. They are on you like flies on sh*t from the moment you arrive. Ridiculous. Our honeymoon and they would not quit.

Herlean

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: comic sans ms;">

--- On Thu, 5/29/08, sunshine052701 <sunshine052701@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : what can you tell me about Timeshare presentations/free travel opportunities?
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 9:16 PM

<PRE>I heard you can travel free if you attend Timeshare presentations and endure the 90 miute tour (that actually lasts hours?) ------------------------------------
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*Free Money Play Banko!~*~*~*~*~*~*
    http://budget101..com/ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    To View the List Archives Please Visit http://www.budget101.com
    Yahoo! Groups Links
    <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/
    <*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
    <*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)
    <*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:Budget101_-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:Budget101_-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
    <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Budget101_-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</PRE>

Sharon Young

can travel free if you attend Timeshare presentations and

> endure the 90 miute tour (that actually lasts hours?)

My family and I took one of those trips two years ago. The company was

Etour and Travel. We went to Orlando and to Daytona Beach. We could

have also went to Key West but didn't have enough vacation time.

Except for the two timeshare speeches we did have a great time and

probably wouldn't have been able to go otherwise.

The timeshare "guys" were EXTREME salesmen! So be ready for a really

hard sell. They want you to sign papers that day, no time to think

things over. We knew ahead of time that we had no intention of buying

into it, but would listen anyway.

The key is that whatever amount of time they say it will last, make

them stick to it. If they try to go longer, you have no obligation to

stay and listen.

We probably wouldn't do it again anytime soon, but we don't regret

going. We had a great family vacation with lots of photos and lots of

great memories.

(the salesman in Daytona was a 50 yr. old surfer-dude--really quite

comical!!) sharon/moonflower