Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Quick & Easy Chicken Recipes
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM #1KellyGuest
Quick & Easy Chicken Recipes
Grilled Chicken and Raspberry-Spinach Salad
1 cup organic raspberry fruit spread
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
8 cups torn fresh spinach
1 bag (10 oz) frozen organic red raspberries, thawed, drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together fruit
spread, vinegar and oil; reserve 1/3 cup for glaze. Set remaining
2. Carefully brush grill rack with oil. Place chicken on grill over
medium heat. Brush chicken with reserved glaze. Cover grill; cook 5
minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with glaze. Cover grill; cook 3 to
7 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with glaze, until juice of
chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
3. Meanwhile, on 4 individual dinner plates, arrange spinach,
raspberries, onion and almonds. Cut each grilled chicken breast into
slices; place on top of salads. Drizzle with remaining fruit spread
Broil Directions: Place chicken on rack in broiler pan. Broil with
tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 6 minutes on each side or until juice of
chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Peach Glaze
1/2 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup lime juice
1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded, chopped
1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can of chiles)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb)
1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 peaches, cut in half and pitted, if desired
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, mix preserves,
lime juice, chile and adobo sauce. Heat over low heat, stirring
occasionally, until preserves are melted. Stir in chopped cilantro;
set aside. Sprinkle chicken with garlic-pepper blend, cumin and salt.
2. Place chicken on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 15 to
20 minutes, turning once or twice and brushing with preserves mixture
during last 2 minutes of grilling, until juice of chicken is clear
when center of thickest part is cut. Add peach halves to grill for
last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling just until heated.
3. Heat any remaining preserves mixture to boiling; boil and stir 1
minute. Serve with chicken and peaches. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup Caesar dressing
1 bunch romaine, torn into bite-size pieces (10 cups)
1 cup Caesar or garlic-flavored croutons
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat coals or gas grill.
2. Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 20
minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of
thickest pieces are cut. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Pour dressing into large salad bowl. Add romaine; toss to coat.
Sprinkle with croutons, cheese and pepper; toss.
4. Divide salad among 6 serving plates. Top each serving with
Grilled Raspberry-Glazed Chicken
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 3/4 pounds)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) raspberries
1. Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for
direct heat. Mix raspberry jam and mustard.
2. Cover and grill chicken 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 20 to 25
minutes, brushing occasionally with jam mixture and turning once,
until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest
pieces are cut. Discard remaining jam mixture. Serve chicken topped
Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
1 1/4 cups strawberry-flavored soda pop
Vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
Red food color
1 container (1 lb) cream cheese frosting
1/2 cup white candy sprinkles
Fresh strawberries, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-
size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24
cupcakes, substituting soda pop for the water and using oil and egg
whites. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool
completely, about 30 minutes
2. Stir 1 or 2 drops food color into frosting. Frost cupcakes.
3. In small resealable food-storage plastic bag, place sprinkles and
1 drop food color; seal bag. Gently shake and massage sprinkles until
mixture is various shades of pink; sprinkle around edges of frosted
cupcakes. Garnish with fresh strawberries.