MYO: Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Blueberry Breakfast Bars
Yield: about 120 small bars
1 pound (4 oz.) flour, all purpose
1 tblsp. (1/2 oz.) baking powder
1-1/2 tsp (1/4 oz.) salt
8 oz. stick margarine or butter, softened
1 lb. granulated sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
8 oz. milk, low fat
10 oz. oats, quick cooking
1 lb. blueberries, frozen, unsweetened
12 oz. corn/rice cereal squares, coarsely crushed
1. Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Place margarine and sugar in mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix at low speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
5. Add milk, flour mixture, and oats; beat until blended, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
6. Stir in blueberries (batter will be stiff).
7. Spread evenly in a greased 18 x-26-inch pan.
8. Sprinkle cereal over top.
9. Bake at 350?F until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in pan. Cut in pan in 2-inch squares or 1-1/2- x-3-inch bars.
From: "Liss" <liss>
Date: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:49 pm
Subject: Blueberry Breakfast Bars
The Following User Says Thank You to Savin' Moola For This Useful Post:
Tags for this Thread