GAS STRIKE

GAS STRIKE

There is a "Gas Strike" on May 2nd. Maybe if there is enough ppl that do not buy gas on that day they will realize that the prices of gas are just way to much money. So Please participate in this...I know I will!

border, budget, budget101, buy, day, gas, hat, hey, jus, kelly, left, money, post, ppl, prices, spa, strike, week, white, yahoo, participate, realize

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAS STRIKE

Kelly

Default GAS STRIKE

There is a "Gas Strike" on May 2nd.

Maybe if there is enough ppl that do not buy gas on that day they will

realize that the prices of gas are just way to much money. So Please

participate in this...I know I will!

Mike Hurst

Default GAS STRIKE

I wont be getting any gas tomorrow, but I wasn't anyway. I got my 10 bucks worth yesterday for the week.

On 5/1/08, Kelly[/b] <feelmykissesnow@yahoo.com> wrote:

angies_groups

Default GAS STRIKE

Unfortunately, gas strikes do not work.
    You are simply hurting gas station owners (who make peanuts from the gas) and
    not the oil companies. Also, the demand for gas doesn’t change. So all
    the people who don’t fill up on the 2<sup>nd</sup> will fill up on the 3<sup>rd</sup>
    instead. It’s not like the oil companies are permanently losing a day’s
    worth of revenues. The best way of combating high oil prices is to change your
    driving habits.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kelly

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:04
    AM

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Budget101.com : GAS
    STRIKE

Cassie Homer

Default GAS STRIKE

Yes, but what would be the point? The stations know that everyone will be there

on May 3rd to fill up because we NEED the gas and they all know it. They'll

still get their money, just a day later. For a strike like this to be

effective, people need to give up driving all together for a long period of time

and use public transportation. But that isn't likely to happen.

Sorry for being negative, I have just never understood the one day gas stikes.

Cassie

Cassie

theresa proctor

Default GAS STRIKE

I have heard this before, however, this does not make since to me. If everyone stops buying gas for May 2, the same people will either fill up their tanks on May 1 or need gas on May 3. The only real way to get the attention of the gas companies is to shut down for a week or a month or even longer. One day will not make much of a difference, they will just receive their profits the day before or the day after. I do think that when the truckers shut down for that day, it caused the price of their fuel to rise.

The only way to get attention from the gas companies is to have Americans to stick together and not just for one day.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Peggy

Default GAS STRIKE

A one day "Gas Strike" has been tried before and it has had no effect. People fill up a day or two before or wait till the day after to buy gas. The gas companies still get their money. I have heard that if everyone targetsONE gas company and does not buy gas from them, after a period of time they would have to lower prices, then the other companies would have to also. The gas situation is frightening. People can't afford to continue to pay out such a large percentage of their income for gas. Something needs to be done. I wish I knew the solution.

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Jacqui Caruso

Default GAS STRIKE

My dh works nights at a convenience store. The gas station makes a whopping ten - twelve cents per gallon of gas, the remainder is the cost of the gas and the taxes!! He worked out the amount of fuel they must sell after one drive off to "square out" and it is like 700 gallons plus to make back that one tank of stolen fuel. We need to start writing our lovely elected officials (who btw are PROVIDED free cars & fuel as a benefit of being our elected officials!!).

Jacqui in NE Georgia Mntns.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Cassie Homer <cassiehomer@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yes, but what would be the point? The stations know that everyone will be there on May 3rd to fill up because we NEED the gas and they all know it.[/quote]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast