Recipes » Mix Recipes » Bread Mixes » Beer Bottle Pretzel Mix In A Jar

Beer Bottle Pretzel Mix In A Jar

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

Looking for a delicious snack that everyone will adore? Make your own beer bottle pretzel mix in a jar! This fun pretzel mix recipe is perfect to create an inexpensive Father’s Day gift for dad too.

The best part about these delicious beer bottle pretzels is that you can vary the flavor greatly depending on your choice of beer. Just be sure that you don’t use a Lite beer of any kind as the dough will not rise and you’ll end up with inedible pretzel bricks instead. Beer bottle pretzels are great dipped in gourmet homemade mustard!
beer-bottle-pretzel-mix-in-a-jar

You’ll Need:

3 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbs. sugar
1 package active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbs. dried minced onion
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Combine all the ingredients together until well combined, Divide ingredients equally among two 16 ounce beer bottles or jars that have been washed and dried thoroughly. If you’re repurposing an old beer bottle, use a funnel to get the ingredients into the bottle with ease. (Leave the yeast packet out and attached to the bottle with a small piece of tape).

B101 Beer Bottle Pretzel Mix

Beer Bottle Pretzels

Empty the contents of 1 jar into a medium mixing bowl. Add the packet of yeast to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until incorporated.

Add 6 oz (3/4 cup) of your favorite Regular (not lite) beer to the mix, Stirring to combine and a soft dough forms. Overturn the soft dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently until the dough is smooth.

beer pretzel dough

Cover and let rest in a warm area until doubled. (About 45 min.)

Roll out on lightly floured surface into a 10’x6′ rectangle and cut lengthwise into 6 strips. (Shape if desired or leave as is.) Cover and let rise again until nearly doubled; about 30 min.

Optional: If desired you can brush the tops with beaten egg white to achieve the glossy pretzel look and then sprinkle with Kosher Salt!

Bake on the top rack of a 400 degrees F oven for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Beer Bottle Pretzel Mix In A Jar

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / sabinoparente

View More Bread Mixes

See More Mixes

7 thoughts on “Beer Bottle Pretzel Mix In A Jar”

1. yeast breads raise best if the correct temperature liquid is used. check your yeast package for the correct temperature. this not the time for “a cold one”

2. My Son will love this one. Any time he has friends coming by, he always makes a batch of pretzels. I know he’ll enjoy this one…
    deb

• How much is in one packet of yeast?

One packet of yeast generally equals 2 1/4 tsp, unless you’re using Rapid Bread Yeast, then you should simply read the package for directions.

3. Has anyone tried these. I did and did not get result that looked like the photo or even tasted like pretzels. I think it probably something I did so I wanted to check.

• Has anyone tried these. I did and did not get result that looked like the photo or even tasted like pretzels. I think it probably something I did so I wanted to check.

what kind of beer did you use?

Leave a Comment