Need cheap recipies using eggs

We got an INCREDIBLE deal on x-large eggs, 18pk for $0.49 each so we bought 8 pkgs. Got to talking about it in the car on the way home and discovered that we had virtually zero recipies outside of the traditional fixings (scrambled, fried, hard boiled). Please help!

boiled, budget, car, cheap, cheap recipies, deal, egg, eggs, fixings, fried, georgia, hard, hat, home, incredible, large, pkgs, recipies, scrambled, talking, virtually, discovered, traditional, x-large, 18pk, $0.49, bought

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sarah_d_ann

Default Need cheap recipies using eggs

We got an INCREDIBLE deal on x-large eggs, 18pk for $0.49 each so we

bought 8 pkgs. Got to talking about it in the car on the way home and

discovered that we had virtually zero recipies outside of the

traditional fixings (scrambled, fried, hard boiled). Please help!

2_frugal

<FONT face="Georgia" color="#000080" size="2">You can scramble and freeze each egg in an ice cube tray, then pop them out when you need it.

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid;">
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 8:46 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Need cheap recipies using eggs

<hr>I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
    It has removed 13452 spam emails to date.
    Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Ann Garner

At 08:46 PM 4/18/2008, you wrote:

>We got an INCREDIBLE deal on x-large eggs, <<snip>>we had virtually

>zero recipies outside of the

>traditional fixings (scrambled, fried, hard boiled). Please help!

>

French toast, which you can partially cook, freeze, then cook later,

or completely cook then freeze then re-heat in the toaster.

Breakfast burito. I Get some tortilla wraps, and any bacon, sausage,

ham, cheese, whatever you like to go in your breakfast burito. Some

like to add salsa, too. Anyway, cook up your meats, scramble the

eggs, put them in a container to let them cool so they are

comfortable to handle. Once they are cool, put your filling in the

burito wraps, slightly off to one side. Turn up the ends, then roll

the burito. These can be wrapped individually and frozen.

Ann in Arkansas

BAR-SF

Karen Howell

deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, french toast, use whites for white cake and yolks for noodles, chef salads, BLT with egg sandwich KarenMO

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

John & Tammy

One of my favorite recipes from when I was a child, my mom would make when money was very very tight and back then eggs and milk were cheap.

Creamed Eggs on toast
    it's really simple
    Make a simple white sauce (use your favorite recipe out of any cookbook)
    Add 6-18 hard boiled eggs, sliced(depending on how much sauce you make)
    Add some frozen veggies (I use peas)
    Serve over toast.

Simple and cheap. Takes no more than 30 minute.

Congradulations on the egg price, but I got better. Just found an old man giving them away, because he doesn't want to be bothered with people at his place. So his son, gives them to my friend, who gives them to several of us.
    God works in awesome ways.

Stephanie Dark

The first thought that came to mind was to make some quiches (crustless or w/a crust). Eggs, milk, cheese, some cooked meat and/or vegetables (I'll use whatever is on hand, raw or blanched). You can easily freeze these whole or sliced for future use.
    Other recipes using a lot of eggs include frittatas, breakfast casseroles, both of which are similar to quiches but w/differing ingredients & cooking styles.
    I use a lot of eggs when making quick breads, muffins, & pancakes (my kids and I love our carbs!), not b/c they require a lot of eggs but b/c I make so many of them. All of these freeze well too.
    A quick web search found that the egg board has a couple of websites w/recipes: <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Helvetica;">http://incredibleegg.org &http://www.aeb.org/
    Hope you find some good ideas.Stephanie"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."-Randy Pausch
    *****<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">We got an INCREDIBLE deal on x-large eggs, 18pk for $0.49 each so we
    <div apple="true">

Lucy Anderson

Quiche..... I make a bunch in muffin tins (be sure to liberally spray them first).

Veggies (spinach works)
    onion, sauteed (1 or so)
    shredded cheddar (1 tblsp per egg)
    eggs (1 per quiche)
    salt / pepper

Oven to 375. Well greased muffin pans.

Put veggies in the bottom of the tins. Then put cheese. Then beat the eggs and spoon on top to about 2/3 full. Bake 10-20 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, you&#39;re good. Let cool for 10 min, pop them out and cool. Freeze a stockpile.

Thaw overnight in the fridge, microwave for about a minute and you have "grab n go" breakfast.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, sarah_d_ann <sarah_d_ann@yahoo.com> wrote:

[/quote]

feelmykisses

Egg Entree recipe <DIV id="printReady"> 12 eggs
    2 cans cream-style corn
    4 cups grated, sharp Cheddar cheese
    2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Put eggs into large bowl and beat well. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and stir with a large spoon until well blended. Pour into a well-greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cut into squares to serve. NOTE: Recipe can easily be cut in half. This may be prepared ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. Remove from refrigerator at least 2 hours before baking and remove the covering of the casserole. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch. ----------------------------------------------------- <DIV id="printReady"> <H1>Egg Foo Yung recipe</H1> 5 eggs
    1/2 cup shredded scallions
    1 cup bean sprouts, drained well if canned Mix all together and fry in patties. Smother with Chinese Gravy. Chinese Gravy:
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon soy sauce
    1/4 teaspoon MSG
    1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with a little water
    Salt
    Pepper Cook over low heat until thick. Serve over Egg Foo Yung. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <DIV id="printReady"> <H1>Eggs del Monico recipe</H1> 1/2 jar small pimento, chopped
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1 cup grated American cheese
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    2 hardboiled eggs per person
    English
    muffins Add pimento, salt, pepper and cheese to mushroom soup. Heat slowly, stirring constantly. Slice eggs into soup mixture and continue to heat. Slice, butter and toast English muffins. Pour sauce over English muffins. Makes6 to 8 servings. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <DIV id="printReady"> <H1>Mardi Gras Eggs recipe</H1> These are great for football games or picnics. 4 large hardboiled eggs
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 pound bulk sausage
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    Vegetable oil for frying Roll hardboiled eggs in flour. Mold sausage around eggs. Roll eggs in beaten egg and dredge in bread crumbs. Fry in deep fat heated 350 degrees F to 375 degrees F until golden brown. ----------------------------------------------------------- <DIV id="printReady"> <H1>Pizza Omelet recipe</H1> 8 eggs
    1/2 pound bulk sausage, browned and drained
    3/4 bell pepper, chopped fine
    1 medium onion, chopped fine
    1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
    1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar chopped mushrooms, drained
    2 cups grated Cheddar cheese Over very low heat, in a 12-inch black-iron skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, break in the eggs (not beaten). Sprinkle browned sausage to cover all eggs lightly. Sprinkle bell pepper, onions and mushrooms over eggs. Cover entire skillet with grated cheese. Let cook very slowly until the egg yolks and vegetables are done. Slice into one-egg portions to serve. Serves 4 ------------------------------------------------------------------ <DIV id="printReady"> <H1>Swiss Omelet Roll recipe</H1> 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise, divided
    2 tablespoons
    mustard
    1/2 cup chopped scallions, divided
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 cup milk
    12 eggs, separated
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Cooking spray
    1 1/2 cups finely chopped ham
    1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
    Watercress to garnish (optional) Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, mustard and 1/4 cup scallions. Mix well and set aside. Combine remaining mayonnaise and flour. Gradually add milk and beaten egg yolks. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat, until thickened. Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold mayonnaise mixture, salt and pepper into whites, combining thoroughly. Pour into a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan lined with wax paper coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Invert on towel; carefully remove the wax paper. Mix the ham, cheese and 1/4 cup scallions together and spread on the roll. Roll from narrow end, lifting with
    towel while rolling. Place on serving dish seam down and top with the mustard sauce. Garnish with the greenery of your choice. Watercress is especially nice. Makes: 6 to 8 servings.

<FONT color="#8000ff">Visit my webpage: <FONT color="#ff007f">All Jewelry is made to order. Also all is made with sterling silver <FONT color="#ff007f">and Swarowski Crystals. <FONT color="#ff007f">Check out my page and there are pictures on there of what can be made http://www.myspace.com/kellykrystaljewelry

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast