credit help- Budget101 Discussion List

I am a single mother of three I work 40hrs wk I make 9hr I am not getting any support but I am looking to buy a house because I am staying in a place that is owned by a slumlord I cant afford to move right now. I know that I have bad credit I really just need someone to be honest with

bad, budget, buy, credit, credit help, est, hat, honest, house, jus, make, mother, place, post, single, spa, star, support, white, work, bankrupt, file, option, move, owned, 40hrs, slumlord, staying, afford

Thread: credit help

aladyfirst2002

Default credit help

I am a single mother of three I work 40hrs wk I make 9hr I am not

getting any support but I am looking to buy a house because I am

staying in a place that is owned by a slumlord I cant afford to move

right now. I know that I have bad credit I really just need someone to

be honest with me and tell me what it is I need to do beside file

bankrupt which is my next option. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Hurst

Default credit help

Well your first step is to look up your credit report at http://www.annualcreditreport.com. Then once you see what is on there you need to start paying it off. I would also try calling your different creditors and ask about payment plans if needed.

On 4/18/08, aladyfirst2002[/b] <aladyfirst2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tonya P

Default credit help

Well, I can tell you from a personal point of view, depending on how much bad credit you have it may take you a while to get it good enough for aloan for a house. I had alot of bad credit and so did my husband. He chose to file bankrupt for his credit and I chose to clean mine the way I intended when the credit was given to me. i took one bill at a time and divided into reasonable payments. I paid them off one a t a time until each were done. It took me two years (applying my taxes to it too) and while I was doing this I also got a credit card, one with a yearly fee, but it helped to establish good credit again for me. I now have got rid of that card and have three others with out fees, I use in emergencies, or just to boost my credit score. We are now ready to buy a house and resently was approved for a loan of 180,000. Not as much as I would hope, but much better then two years ago when we could not even get a loan for 62,000. Good luck to you.

On 4/18/08, aladyfirst2002[/b] <aladyfirst2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

margo oowens

Default credit help

With being a single mom & at $9 hr more then likely you can qualify for downpayment assistance or habitat for humanity.Contact your local county & nearby county to get help or type it in the computer & you find it. First you need to get a free credit report that u can get once a yr for FREE by contacting each of the 3 agencies. Even if you know it is your bill ,dispute it!(I got a $20,000 car loan removed this way & an old apt outstanding debt)Follow each agancies instructions on how to do it.You have 30 days from the moment u get the free report so don't waste time!Then each company has 30 days to prove it is yours!Remember these companies get sold & etc so it can get lost & with only 30 days for them to find it not all of them can!. Some agencies will report the original debt then sell it to a collection company.You can only owe 1 of them. You maybe surprised at what you can
    get removed on your own. Then once whomever proves the debt is yours use tax money etc to settle with them at a lower amt.If you owe $4,000 they may settle for $400.ALWAYS TALK TO A MANAGER & NEVER TAKE THE FIRST SETTLEMENT!Also depends on the amt of time.If your report shows something that is 7 yrs old or older it is going to get deleted.Make note of the time it was reported & how far back it is.So some may be coming off in a year or 2 & paying on it isn't feesible so just let it stay.Remember if you start paying them & contacting them they start the 7 yrs over again.It could take 3 yrs to pay them but you could have waited the 2 yrs & it would get deleted.Weigh the options there. This is all that companies that promise you to erase bad credit do. Also go on line to your county & usually under court records you can punch in your name & see what
    judgements you have.Can't remove them if legit but you need to know. Just a little of what I did to get mine on track! Hope it helps. Margo

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]