Thread: credit help

aladyfirst2002

Default credit help

I am a single mother of three I work 40hrs wk I make 9hr I am not

getting any support but I am looking to buy a house because I am

staying in a place that is owned by a slumlord I cant afford to move

right now. I know that I have bad credit I really just need someone to

be honest with me and tell me what it is I need to do beside file

bankrupt which is my next option. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Hurst

Default credit help

Well your first step is to look up your credit report at http://www.annualcreditreport.com. Then once you see what is on there you need to start paying it off. I would also try calling your different creditors and ask about payment plans if needed.

On 4/18/08, aladyfirst2002[/b] <aladyfirst2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tonya P

Default credit help

Well, I can tell you from a personal point of view, depending on how much bad credit you have it may take you a while to get it good enough for aloan for a house. I had alot of bad credit and so did my husband. He chose to file bankrupt for his credit and I chose to clean mine the way I intended when the credit was given to me. i took one bill at a time and divided into reasonable payments. I paid them off one a t a time until each were done. It took me two years (applying my taxes to it too) and while I was doing this I also got a credit card, one with a yearly fee, but it helped to establish good credit again for me. I now have got rid of that card and have three others with out fees, I use in emergencies, or just to boost my credit score. We are now ready to buy a house and resently was approved for a loan of 180,000. Not as much as I would hope, but much better then two years ago when we could not even get a loan for 62,000. Good luck to you.

On 4/18/08, aladyfirst2002[/b] <aladyfirst2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

margo oowens

Default credit help

With being a single mom & at $9 hr more then likely you can qualify for downpayment assistance or habitat for humanity.Contact your local county & nearby county to get help or type it in the computer & you find it. First you need to get a free credit report that u can get once a yr for FREE by contacting each of the 3 agencies. Even if you know it is your bill ,dispute it!(I got a $20,000 car loan removed this way & an old apt outstanding debt)Follow each agancies instructions on how to do it.You have 30 days from the moment u get the free report so don't waste time!Then each company has 30 days to prove it is yours!Remember these companies get sold & etc so it can get lost & with only 30 days for them to find it not all of them can!. Some agencies will report the original debt then sell it to a collection company.You can only owe 1 of them. You maybe surprised at what you can
    get removed on your own. Then once whomever proves the debt is yours use tax money etc to settle with them at a lower amt.If you owe $4,000 they may settle for $400.ALWAYS TALK TO A MANAGER & NEVER TAKE THE FIRST SETTLEMENT!Also depends on the amt of time.If your report shows something that is 7 yrs old or older it is going to get deleted.Make note of the time it was reported & how far back it is.So some may be coming off in a year or 2 & paying on it isn't feesible so just let it stay.Remember if you start paying them & contacting them they start the 7 yrs over again.It could take 3 yrs to pay them but you could have waited the 2 yrs & it would get deleted.Weigh the options there. This is all that companies that promise you to erase bad credit do. Also go on line to your county & usually under court records you can punch in your name & see what
    judgements you have.Can't remove them if legit but you need to know. Just a little of what I did to get mine on track! Hope it helps. Margo

&#32;
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]