still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gluten Free lunches?

My husband is on a no gluten diet and I'm having a hard time finding good, easy and cheap recipes for him to eat at lunch before he heads to work. If anyone has any recipes they would like to share that would be great!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gluten Free lunches?

Is it only gluten that you need to stay away from? Is this a new diet or has he been on this diet a long time? If recent, what did he like to eat for lunch before -- maybe we can recreate them as gluten free. Thanks; Virginia

Downloads
    Uploads

He's just trying to stay away from Gluten. He seems to get really sick when he eats foods with gluten in it. His DR is thinking he has celiac disease but we're are having to wait to get some test done to be sure so until them the DR recommend that he trys to eat non gluten foods.

He would usually eat simple stuff for lunch like sandwiches, frozen dinners and some processed food. ( his old diet was not very healthy).

I've been looking up ideas but I don't want to have to cook a huge lunch and then dinner both. His DR is not being much help right now either.

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a gluten free quick bread recipe, you might make so he can still have sandwiches.

1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
    2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
    1/4 cup ground Flax Seeds
    1/4 teaspoon Salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
    5 Eggs
    1/4 cup Coconut Oil
    1 Tablespoon Honey
    1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar

In a large food processor, combine the dry ingredients (pulse a second or two) then add the eggs and liquid ingredients, pulse until you have a smooth batter. Pour into a well greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F. oven until it is deep gold in color (25 to 30 minutes). Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
    Store tightly wrapped or in an air tight container.

Other ideas -- You could make Make-Ahead-Meals or Pots of Soups and divide into individual servings, (homemade TV dinners or Cup-A-Soups) refrigerate or freeze, so that you could just grab, heat and eat for lunch.

Hope this helps. Thanks; Virginia

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the recipe and ideas!!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm late on this -- but I had to learn gluten free and though breakfast and snacks allude me lunch is easy -- one of our favs is left over pot roast --want stew instead make gravy --- ahh yes u can --use potato flour --full of iron -- chili and tortilla chips --- homemade taco seasoning with all your fav taco toppings -- chicken and rice -- sausage and rice-- hot dogs (John Morell brand is major allergen free -- cheap and sold at A LOT of walmarts)-- gf cereal is good for a real quick lunch
    good luck