Downloads
    Uploads

Default My Spending Freeze...

Here is my funny story about how silly I am getting about refusing to spend money.

I really am getting stubborn when it comes to spending money. My shoe lace in my tennis shoes I walk the dog in broke. I decided that I would not buy a new one. I tied it together and that got me by a couple months until it broke again and was too short to do that trick again. My grass mowing tennis shoes had bit the dust, so I salvaged the shoe laces and used one on my dog walking shoe. Only problem was the laces were very old and from very cheap $5 shoes and so one broke then the other. I was still determined not to buy laces. In to the house I went and I sorted through my junk box. Low and behold a lone shoe lace. Also, a couple of back up purple sturdy ones salvaged from some old hiking boots that had bit the dust awhile ago.

Just goes to show you that where there is a will there is a way.

Now, how do I find and fix the hole in my rubber winter snow boots that have the great traction bottom that seem to make it impossible to find the leak.

Sherry

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: spending freeze

> Now, how do I find and fix the hole in my rubber winter snow boots
    that have the great traction bottom that seem to make it impossible
    to find the leak.
    >
    > Sherry

Living in GA, snow boots aren't something I have much experience
    with, but I'm wondering if you could soap (lather) the bottom of the
    boot and then maybe blow air (hair dryer) into the boot to see if an
    area bubbles? Sort of like they check tires for leaks? If you can
    find the spot, I would think a hot glue gun would probably plug it
    well...I use them on my tennis shoes and the kid's tennis shoes when
    they start coming apart.

HTH...and I can just picture the dog walking shoes w/the new
    (recycled) purple laces!LOL
    Lisa G.

Downloads
    Uploads

RE: Budget101.com : spending freeze

I would mix up some sudsy water using a healthy dose dishwashing soap (I guess you could save this to wash a dog in or something.. ) Using a sponge, wipe the bubbley mixture on your boot, then, holding the top shut or folded over, see if you can force air through the leak -- bubbles will bubble up at the point of the leak. Stick a piece of tape, or mark it somehow. They use this on car tires to find the leak.

I guess you can either try duct tape, or rubber sealant to fix the hole in your boot, or a combination of both. Or wax. Depends on what kind of boots they are.

Lynda

Now, how do I find and fix the hole in my rubber winter snow boots that have the great traction bottom that seem to make it impossible to find the leak.

Sherry