Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    pseuzanne
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    I have heard others suggest volunteering as a way of attending music

    and cultural events for free. You take tickets, or usher, and get to

    see the show. Well, I have applied this concept to professional

    conferences. This weekend I will be attending my third conference where

    I will volunteer in exchange for free admission. Generally, I do things

    like help attendees figure out where their next session is, or take

    tickets from people at the lunch buffet. It's so easy, doesn't require

    any time commitment other than that day, and I still get to go to all

    the workshops and see keynote speakers.



    Suzanne









  2. #2
    Candy Holbert
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    But how do you find out who to contact to volunteer for these things? The only thing I do like this is judge a 4-H fair once a year and I get free parking plus admission for that day. But I would love to volunteer at like conferences, workshops, etc and get to see speakers.


    Candy

    On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:24 PM, pseuzanne <pseuzanne@yahoo.com> wrote:

    I have heard others suggest volunteering as a way of attending music

    and cultural events for free. You take tickets, or usher, and get to

    see the show. Well, I have applied this concept to professional

    conferences. This weekend I will be attending my third conference where

    I will volunteer in exchange for free admission. Generally, I do things

    like help attendees figure out where their next session is, or take

    tickets from people at the lunch buffet. It&#39;s so easy, doesn&#39;t require

    any time commitment other than that day, and I still get to go to all

    the workshops and see keynote speakers.



    Suzanne





    ------------------------------------







    *~*~*~*~*~*~*Free Money Play Banko!~*~*~*~*~*~*



    http://budget101..com/



    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*





    To View the List Archives Please Visit http://www.budget101.com





    Yahoo! Groups Links



    <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/



    <*> Your email settings:

    Individual Email | Traditional



    <*> To change settings online go to:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/join

    (Yahoo! ID required)



    <*> To change settings via email:

    mailto:Budget101_-digest@yahoogroups.com

    mailto:Budget101_-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com



    <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

    Budget101_-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



    <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



    [/quote]




  3. #3
    Ann Garner
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    At 02:53 PM 4/10/2008, you wrote:

    >But how do you find out who to contact to volunteer for these

    >things? The only thing I do like this is judge a 4-H fair once a

    >year and I get free parking plus admission for that day. But I would

    >love to volunteer at like conferences, workshops, etc and get to see speakers.

    When I was just turning in a bid on an event, the city's tourism

    office had me 14 volunteers lined up, including an auctioneer to help

    with our charity auction. Check with any city tourism office, the

    sales person for hotel convention centers, and the area chamber of commerce.



    Ann in Arkansas







    BAR-SF






  4. #4
    Suzanne Fesmire Gibbons
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    > But how do you find out who to contact to volunteer

    > for these things?



    Just contact the people you would register with.



    Join this group to find out about local deals and bargains:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frugalinmassachusetts/







    __________________________________________________



    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

    http://mail.yahoo.com






  5. #5
    Candy Holbert
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    Thanks for the reply, another question how do you find out about these things? Is there a website that lists stuff by state or anything that you know of?
    Candy


    On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Suzanne Fesmire Gibbons <pseuzanne@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > But how do you find out who to contact to volunteer
    > for these things?

    Just contact the people you would register with.


    Join this group to find out about local deals and bargains:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frugalinmassachusetts/



    __________________________________________________


    Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
    http://mail.yahoo.com

    ------------------------------------



    *~*~*~*~*~*~*Free Money Play Banko!~*~*~*~*~*~*


    http://budget101..com/

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


    To View the List Archives Please Visit http://www.budget101.com



    Yahoo! Groups Links

    <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/

    <*> Your email settings:

    Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)


    <*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:Budget101_-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:Budget101_-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com


    <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Budget101_-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

    <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    [/quote]




  6. #6
    Ann Garner
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    At 07:36 AM 4/11/2008, you wrote:

    >Thanks for the reply, another question how do you find out about

    >these things? Is there a website that lists stuff by state or

    >anything that you know of?

    >Candy

    That is why I recommended the tourism departments, chambers of

    commerce, and actual convention centers.



    Ann in Arkansas







    BAR-SF






  7. #7
    Suzanne Fesmire Gibbons
    Guest

    Default Attending professional conferences for free

    > another question how do you find out about these

    > things?



    Most conferences are industry-specific. So, the

    associations and organizations serving that profession

    are the ones putting on the conference. What field are

    you in?



    Suzanne



    Join this group to find out about local deals and bargains:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frugalinmassachusetts/











    __________________________________________________ ______________________________\

    ____

    Be a better friend, newshound, and

    know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.








 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •