Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help, I need suggestions....or a miracle.

My family is seriously broke...and its getting worse especially with the new tax increase. We are going more and more in debt and we don't know what to do. As it is, we might have another weeks worth of food and no money to buy more. The food bank only gives about 2 days worth of food for a family of 5. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help? We are a single income family and the only other income is my son's survivor benefits. My husband is currently looking for work. He would be willing to do work from home jobs but its very hard since he stays home with the baby and helps out with the other two when they get home. Does anyone know of a legit company that even does envelope stuffing? I'd do that until the wee hours of the night if needed. Money sucks....We need to go back to a bartering system.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help, I need suggestions....or a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by lmitchell View Post
    My family is seriously broke...and its getting worse especially with the new tax increase..
    The only good thing is that the major tax increase was averted. Here's the breakdown of how the new tax increase will affect your family:

• Annual Income of $20,000- $30,000- average increase of $297.
    • Annual Income of $30,000- $40,000 - average increase of $445.
    • Annual Income of $40,000- $50,000 - Average increase of $579.
    • Annual Income of $50,000- $75,000 - average increase of 822.
    • Annual Income of $75,000- $100,000 - Average increase of $1,206.
    • Annual Income of $100,000- $200,000 - Average increase of $1,784
    • Annual Income of $200,000- $500,000 - Average increase of $2,711
    • Annual Income of $500,000- $1 Mil - Average increase of $14,812
    • Annual Income Over $1 Million - Average increase of $170,341

We are going more and more in debt and we don't know what to do. As it is, we
    might have another weeks worth of food and no money to buy more. The food bank
    only gives about 2 days worth of food for a family of 5. Does anyone have any
    suggestions that might help?

Where do you feel the majority of your income goes? (Rent, Cable, Phone, Cell Phone, vehicles/gas/insurance, etc??)

Regarding Food, what type of pantry basics do you have to work with? Do you have anything in the freezer?
    There are a number of very inexpensive dishes that can be whipped together that are both filling and healthy... if we have just a little more information . . .

I completely understand your frustration, when I started this site (almost 15 yrs ago), we were living on less than $20,000 a year with 2 little kids & struggling every day, which actually, is how this site started!

We are a single income family and the only other income is my son's survivor
    benefits. My husband is currently looking for work. He would be willing to do
    work from home jobs but its very hard since he stays home with the baby and
    helps out with the other two when they get home.
    Since he's already providing childcare, is there Any chance that he could provide childcare for another family?

What type of work do you do?

Does anyone know of a legit company that even does envelope stuffing?
    There isn't any such thing, envelope stuffing is a scam. We do list all known legit work at home jobs by state here:

Work At Home Jobs & Starting a Home Based Business

Here is a list of the jobs available for your particular area:

Work At Home Jobs & Starting a Home Based Business

Have you tried more than 1 Food Pantry? It appears that there are several in your area:

Gainesville FL Food Pantries | Gainesville Florida Food Pantries, Food Banks, Soup Kitchens

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My husband is looking for work and having a hard time finding places that are open nights. I work in insurance in the call center and he has done call center work also, but we are not allowed to work in the same department, even on differing shifts. I'm trying to see about moving to another department, but that all depends on if there are openings. Most of my income goes to rent, nearly $900/month for a 3/2 apartment. Our credit seriously sucks so we can't get a house. And we would need a 4/2 or a 4/3 home since we are also in a custody battle. We only know of 1 food pantry, but I suppose we could try others, too. I feel guilty going to them, though. I know there are other people worse off than myself but we need food, too. So, thats a tough one. Thanks for the list of pantries and the jobs. I'll have my hubby check them out.

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Re: Help, I need suggestions....or a miracle.

Are there any 24hr. restaurants, truck stops or Walmart's in your area? Their graveyard shifts start around 10pm. Also, have you gone to DES for food stamps or local churches for help? Some churches here in Arizona have programs that if you help with your time you can receive food boxes, or sit through a service and receive food boxes. Check out what your local churches have to offer...they'll know where else you can get help and even help your husband with finding work!

Hope this helps...
    In Christ all things are possible! Blessings, Angie

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

i just ran across your posting and i was wondering how you are going? i hope things are getting better for you

Ann

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

you can also try Gaballi's or Gospel Food Ministries-- provide a month's worth of food for $40...

Home

Find Your Host Site

Also -- the following stores double coupon in Florida -- Foodway, Fred's in Deland, Homeland Foods in Clermont, Harvey's, Harris Teeter . Northern Fl: Hitchcok's Foodway

If you don't coupon now, you will want to start -- asap!

If you don't have coupons, I would be willing to send you coupons to help get you started -- just let me know!!

I've been where you are, and that is how I started stockpiling (2003). Good luck and keep us updated.
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also -- why haven't you or your family applied for food stamps?
    Only in the United States is it permissible to sell food without the labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms. This needs to stop, we DESERVE to know what is in our food!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

We did apply for food stamps. We had been denied. Finally, they approved us and we are starting to get back on our feet. Coupons have been my saving grace. And vegetarian meals, too. Less meat = less $ spent. And when I do purchase meat, its on sale for super cheap or a BOGO. I have been checking out couponing sites that sell coupons and wow, did I save on some of my items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast