Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Head Lice Help

Tonya P

Default Head Lice Help

I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way to get rid of and then controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo has not helped it cost me @25 for the encon size and it does not do anything. The kids were sent home with the lice again. I need to get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

tabatha palmer

Default Head Lice Help

try mayo. or mineral oil and viniger. 1/2 mineral oil,

and 1/2 viniger. i was so broke one time i used hand

lotion on their hair, i left it on for about 4 hrs.

then put them in tub washed their hair then used

conditioner left it on for 10-20 min. the may works

cause its oily.

--- Tonya P <eeyoreluvr13@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way

> to get rid of and then

> controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo

> has not helped it cost

> me @25 for the encon size and it does not do

> anything. The kids were sent

> home with the lice again. I need to get ride of them

> and keep them gone.

> Thanks!

>

Tabatha L Palmer

__________________________________________________ ______________________________\

____

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total

Access, No Cost.

http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

marilyn

Default Head Lice Help

I always used olive oil and a shower cap. Then washed their hair
    with just dish soap and pulled out the dead bugs and nits. I always
    just put the oil in their hair, put a shower cap over it and let
    them sleep in it at night. Then worked on it the next morning. It
    was much easier and everything was dead! I did all their coats,
    hats, bed, and stuffed animals. I used the dryer for stuff that
    couldn't be washed. 20 mins on high heat should kill anything there.
    Hope it helps!

I remember seeing this, an passed it on to you from...

tiffany <moultons5girlz@yahoo.com

I've never tried it, but I bet you can email her, and she'll help you out...she posted this back in January and for some reason, I kept it...just in case..LOL

good luck

Marilyn

I wish you love,luck and happiness
    <DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Monday, April 7, 2008 3:55:28 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Head Lice Help

I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way to get rid of and then controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo has not helped it cost me @25 for the encon size and it does not do anything. The kids were sent home with the lice again. I need to get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Faith Heckathorn

Default Head Lice Help

I used white vinegar and the comb that you get with the lice shampoo and a bright light to see where you are combing, it takes a while but the only thing that worked for my 2 girls that had it and couldn't get rid of it!! Good luck and lots of Patience to you... Faith

Tonya P <eeyoreluvr13@gmail.com> wrote: I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way to get rid of and then controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo has not helped it cost me @25 for the encon size and it does not do anything. The kids were sent home
    with the lice again. I need to get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

Yolonda

Default Head Lice Help

The shampoos and cleaners are okay but the
    ONLY way to get rid of them is to remove every single egg from the host.
    Leaving just one will cause a re-infestation. You can also teach your children
    how to avoid them (not sharing hairbrushes or hats, no head to head touching –
    really big with girls; etc) I know how horrible this is – my daughter
    got them in kindergarten so bad she missed an entire week of school!! I
    literally spent hours each day going through her hair making sure I got them
    all. Of course, she has the thickest and curliest hair of anyone I’ve
    ever met! She is in 3<sup>rd</sup> grade now and hasn’t gotten them
    again; I still check her hair once a week routinely and if I ever see her itch I
    check then, too <font size="2" color="navy" face="Wingdings">10.0pt;font-family:Wingdings;color:navy;">J And I ask often if anyone has been out with them.

Good luck!

I need to
    get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

Maria Jewlz

Default Head Lice Help

Slap a generous coating of mayo in hair and wrap with plastic bag - leave on for about an hour....then rinse well....comb with lice comb....good luck

Tonya P <eeyoreluvr13@gmail.com> wrote: I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way to get rid of and then controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo has not helped it cost me @25 for the encon size and it does not do anything. The kids were sent home with the lice again. I need to get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

&#32;
    You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

sheila e

Default Head Lice Help

!st thing You need to do is wash all the bed linens and bag up all the stuffed animals. Keep them bagged for at least a week. As for the kids I have used Mayonnaise. Not miracle whip but the regular maynosse. Put it on the kids hair and cover it with a plastic bag. I let my kids sleep in it over night but a few hours will help. When You go to wash it out Use Dawn dish washing liquid. It will get the grease out from the mayonnaise.. You will still need to comb threw it with a nit comb and pick out the dead nits but i8t does work. I would do this for a couple of weeks to make sure You have them all gone.

Tonya P <eeyoreluvr13@gmail.com> wrote: I need a cheap, effective, hopefully non harsh way to get rid of and then controll head lice!!! Please help. Tea tree shampoo has not helped it cost me @25 for the encon size and it does not do anything. The kids were sent home with the lice again. I need to get ride of them and keep them gone. Thanks!

&#32;

armstrca

Default Head Lice Help

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">Instead of a nit comb, you can go to a pet store and get a plastic flea comb it may be cheaper.<SPAN> Compare the cost. Either way, they are both very fine toothed combs.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt;COLOR: teal;FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS';">

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of sheila e
    Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 7:50 PM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Head Lice Help

You will still need to comb threw it with a nit comb and pick out the dead nits but it does work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast