What would you do

What would you do

I agree with the poster that mentioned not coming down too hard on kids becasue they will learn not to trust you. I babysit. Today my dd and the little girl I babysitwere playing rough with a doll and pulled its leg off. I heard my daughter saying I am going to take it to my mom to see if she

200, big, body, cloth, coming, e-mail, hard, hat, hey, kids, learn, mail, men, mom, poster, talk, things, time, today, wanting, doll, girl, trust, problems, daughter, happened, hide, rough, make, agree, chastised, expected, mentioned, instant, access, windows, http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=txt_taglm_wl_refresh_instantaccess_042008, messenger, live, difference, older, tracy, babysit, upset, babysitwere, heard, pulled, playing, tied, way,and

Tracy Feuer

Default What would you do

I agree with the poster that mentioned not coming down too hard on kids becasue they will learn not to trust you.

I babysit. Today my dd and the little girl I babysitwere playing rough with a doll and pulled its leg off.

I heard my daughter saying I am going to take it to my mom to see if she can fix it. The little girl got very upset and tried to talk my daughter out of it. Wanting instead to hide the doll.

When my DD brought me the doll the little girl came in very defensive trying to explain how it happened.

The doll has a cloth body and the leg was tied on I simply retied the doll and sent them on the way,and told them next time don't be so rough.

My DD came right away to me because I have always tried to help her make things right. The other little girl expected to be chastised so she tried to hide what happened.

I think if kids learn to trust us with their little problems they may be more apt to trust us when they are older with their big problems.

Tracy in VA

Who saw the difference today

<hr>More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live Messenger.

Dee Bleau

Default What would you do

I agree with the statment that they need to know that they can trust us. My son will be 17 in August, I know that through the years that I have come down on him very hard on what seems "stupid" to him as he puts it. I have notice in the past year or so that he comes to me with thing such as ?'s regarding girlfriends and other issues he has had. I listen and tell him what I would do and then let it go from their. If they can not trust us who can they trust ? That is the way that I look at it. JMHO

Tracy Feuer <tracyfeuer@hotmail.com> wrote: I agree with the poster that mentioned not coming down too hard on kids becasue they will learn not to trust you.

I babysit. Today my dd and the little girl I babysitwere playing rough with a doll and pulled its leg off.

I heard my daughter saying I am going to take it to my mom to see if she can fix it. The little girl got very upset and tried to talk my daughter out of it. Wanting instead to hide the doll.

When my DD brought me the doll the little girl came in very defensive trying to explain how it happened.

The doll has a cloth body and the leg was tied on I simply retied the doll and sent them on the way,and told them next time don't be so rough.

My DD came right away to me because I have always tried to help her make things right. The other little girl
    expected to be chastised so she tried to hide what happened.

I think if kids learn to trust us with their little problems they may be more apt to trust us when they are older with their big problems.

Tracy in VA

Who saw the difference today

More immediate than e-mail? Get instant access with Windows Live Messenger.

Dee I went and got a my space what was I thinking!!! http://www.myspace.com/deechristmasbaby