Kim

Default Another way to save gas

I just received a magazine called Go Green. According to an article in the magazine, UPS did a study which shows if you plan your route carefully and make 4 right hand turns to every 1 left hand turn you will save gas. UPS saves over $51,000 a year routing their drivers in this manner. Made me rethink my usual route...I just do it in reverse now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

shawnonline

What about walking to work! That's what I do this time ofyear. This year I do it more than last year. Iwork 1.5 miles away I feel so blessed living close to work.Good for my health, good for the environment and good all around.

Shawn
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 1:49 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Another way to save gas

I just received a magazine called Go Green.

Stephanie Dark

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial;font-size: 13px;"><h2 style="font-size: 100%;font-family: Georgia;font-weight: bold;">... Is this an April Fool's joke for the budget minded?</h2><h2 style="font-size: 100%;font-family: Georgia;font-weight: bold;">
    </h2><h2 style="font-size: 100%;font-family: Georgia;font-weight: bold;">Stephanie</h2><h2 style="font-size: 100%;font-family: Georgia;font-weight: bold;">
    </h2><h2 style="font-size: 100%;font-family: Georgia;font-weight: bold;">Another way to save gas</h2><h3>Posted by: "Kim"sportsalibi@yahoo.comsportsalibi</h3><h4>Mon Mar31,2008 3:53am (PDT)</h4><div class="ygrp-content" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 100%;">I just received a magazine called Go Green. According to an article in the magazine, UPS did a study which shows if you plan your route carefully and make 4 right hand turns to every 1 left hand turn you will save gas. UPS saves over $51,000 a year routing their drivers in this manner. Made me rethink my usual route...I just do it in reverse now.
    <div apple="true"> <span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-align: auto;text-indent: 0px;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-indent: 0px;text-transform: none;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-indent: 0px;text-transform: none;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-indent: 0px;text-transform: none;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-indent: 0px;text-transform: none;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-indent: 0px;text-transform: none;">

Monique

I'd love to live that close to my job, but between dropping of the

kids at day care, and my job being 20 minutes away on the freeway,

that's not an option. The only options for me within 1.5 miles are

retail stores.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:05 PM, shawnonline

<shawnonline@sbcglobal.net> wrote:>

> What about walking to work! That's what I do this time of year.

ro so

This is actually true. My older brother works for UPS and his route has almost all right hand turns. He said that some days he never takes a left turn. Becky

Stephanie Dark wrote: <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-SIZE: 13px;FONT-FAMILY: arial;"> <H2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">... Is this an April Fool's joke for the budget minded?</H2> <H2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">
    </H2> <H2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">Stephanie</H2> <H2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">
    </H2> <H2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">Another way to save gas</H2> <H3>Posted by: "Kim"sportsalibi@yahoo.comsportsalibi</H3> <H4>Mon Mar31,2008 3:53am (PDT)</H4> <DIV class="ygrp-content" style="FONT-SIZE: 100%;FONT-FAMILY: Georgia;">I just received a magazine
    called Go Green. According to an article in the magazine, UPS did a study which shows if you plan your route carefully and make 4 right hand turns to every 1 left hand turn you will save gas. UPS saves over $51,000 a year routing their drivers in this manner. Made me rethink my usual route...I just do it in reverse now.
    <DIV apple="true"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT: 0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT: 0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT:
    0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT: 0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT: 0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 12px;TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);TEXT-INDENT: 0px;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica;LETTER-SPACING: normal;BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;FONT-VARIANT: normal;">
    <BR class="Apple-interchange-newline"><BR class="Apple-interchange-newline">

&#32;
    You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Carole Durand

Default Re: another way to save gas

LOL, this is NOT a joke! I've read that, too! Another thing you can

do is to pool your errands, and go to your most distant destination,

first. Visit each subsequent stop, as you get closer to home. this

way, your car warms up once, on one trip, and does not have to labor

through several errand stops to get to this point. This is especially

useful during the colder months.

... Is this an April Fool's joke for the budget minded?

Stephanie

Another way to save gas

Posted by: "Kim" sportsalibi@ yahoo.com sportsalibi

Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:53 am (PDT)

I just received a magazine called Go Green. According to an article in

the magazine, UPS did a study which shows if you plan your route

carefully and make 4 right hand turns to every 1 left hand turn you

will save gas. UPS saves over $51,000 a year routing their drivers in

this manner. Made me rethink my usual route...I just do it in reverse

now.

feelmykisses

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">TIPS ON PUMPING GAS
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="2"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in <SPAN class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1206231037_0" style="CURSOR: hand;BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed;">California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon.. <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;FONT-FAMILY:
    Tahoma;">
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="2"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in <SPAN class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1206231037_1" style="CURSOR: hand;BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed;">San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three
    (3)stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">
    One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. <SPAN class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1206231037_2" style="CURSOR: hand;BORDER-BOTTOM:
    #0066cc 1px dashed;BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dceeff;">Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">
    Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some<FONT face="Arial" color="blue" size="2"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;COLOR: blue;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;"><FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">f the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.
    <FONT face="Arial" color="black" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: black;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;">DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!

<FONT color="#8000ff">Visit my webpage: <FONT color="#ff007f">All Jewelry is made to order. Also all is made with sterling silver
    <FONT color="#ff007f">and Swarowski Crystals. <FONT color="#ff007f">Check out my page and there are pictures on there of what can be made http://www.myspace.com/kellykrystaljewelry

&#32;
    You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.