What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie in learning mode in need of a little help

I have read the rules, ect. I did make a post about the points, I didn't get that as it said in my post. This one is about when I post a question, how do I find my replies? I also still do not understand how to save something I want to do later in my favorites? I'm guessing that is the My Faves icon. Like the Frosty snowman, I did NOT find anything to let me put it there for later, as with a bunch of other things. To clarify I was not in post, but on the main page. One more thing, what are the little icons for? Should I be putting them in my posts? What do each of them mean? I hope I can find this answer! LOL! Thank you!

Comments on Ideas

Do comments on a subject, craft or something count as posts in the forum? If not, where do they go? How will you know if someone liked your idea?

projects, ideas, information

Since I am new I was wondering if crafts, ect. are all over the forum or do they get taken out and put in the catagories at the top of the page?

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie in learning mode in need of a little help

Quote Originally Posted by sexton101 View Post
    I have read the rules, ect. I did make a post about the points, I didn't get that as it said in my post.
    The points system was discontinued.

This one is about when I post a question, how do I find my replies?
    '

You can subscribe to the thread to receive notifications of replies.

Subscription FAQ Here:

http://www.budget101.com/faq.php?s=&...xt=0&match=phr

I also still do not understand how to save something I want to do later in my favorites? I'm guessing that is the My Faves icon. Like the Frosty snowman, I did NOT find anything to let me put it there for later, as with a bunch of other things

Here's how to bookmark Favorites:
    http://www.budget101.com/faq.php?faq...aq_features101

This function is for the forums & blogs only and does not apply to the main site (article CMS).

One more thing, what are the little icons for? Should I be putting them in my posts? What do each of them mean? I hope I can find this answer! LOL! Thank you!
    Hmm.. not sure which "icons" you mean on this one, so you actually get multiple responses... if you're talking about the little animated wiggly things on the right hand side- they're smilies.

More on Smilies and Icons here:
    http://www.budget101.com/faq.php?s=&...xt=1&match=all

Comments on Ideas

Do comments on a subject, craft or something count as posts in the forum? If not, where do they go? How will you know if someone liked your idea?
    Yes. If someone "liked" your idea, they will respond in the forum and tell you so or if your idea was posted as a new Thread- they will hit the "Thank you Button".

http://www.budget101.com/faq.php?faq=features#faq_faq1

projects, ideas, information

Since I am new I was wondering if crafts, ect. are all over the forum or do they get taken out and put in the catagories at the top of the page?
    There are several sections of crafts:

The Crafts Sections in Articles - most of these were created by the site owners
    The crafts section in the forums- most of these are member submitted ideas and discussions

The difference between articles and forums is this:

Articles are usually 400+ words and contain complete step by step instructions, photo(s) and special tips about each project or recipe.

Items posted in the forums are usually shorter, contain no photographs and are shared by various members.

On occasion when an item contains a great description and has many replies, it is "promoted" to an article, where is appears within the appropriate section, such as the Wikki Bendi Stix.

I hope I've answered your questions, but if not, feel free to ask away!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Liss. You are obviously NOT new here. lol. I am trying to learn my way around. You've been quite helpful.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow good questions. I will keep this in mind.