Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Homemade Vanilla Chai Tea Mix

Create your own simple Vanilla chai tea mix to have on hand for delicious blend of tea with a hint of ginger, cinnamon, cloves,cardamom and a dash of white pepper - this easy make ahead mix makes a lovely inexpensive addition to handmade gifts

Read More: Article: Homemade Vanilla Chai Tea Mix

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

im looking for a substitute for cardamom. it is 14.00 for a small jar. I saw another recipe for chai fudge in an AY magazine and really wanted to try it, but I don't want to spend that much for 1/4th of a teaspoon.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Re: Homemade Vanilla Chai Tea Mix

Quote Originally Posted by angelsvn24 View Post
    im looking for a substitute for cardamom. it is 14.00 for a small jar. I saw another recipe for chai fudge in an AY magazine and really wanted to try it, but I don't want to spend that much for 1/4th of a teaspoon.

Read this article: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/cardamom-substitute.html

I usually substitute cardamom for an equal measurement consisting of half cinnamon and half clove. To me, I never taste a difference and save lots of $$$!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Vanilla Chai Tea Mix

The Tones brand offers cardamom (and even mace....needed it for fruitcake) often for less than $.79..... Alternatively, you could crush a pod or two of cardamom.Personally, I love the flavor, and would miss it. I think our Vietnamese/Mexican grocery sells the pods in little baggies for a dollar or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsvn24 View Post

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yummy! Can't wait to try this!!!