Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM #1StephanieGuest
Article on Cutting Food Strategies
In my local paper today, there was an article with people giving
advice on how to cut their food bill.
Here is the link to read the whole thing:
In sum, the suggestions were:
1. Make a list and stick to it when shopping; buy only what you need
to make the pre-set menus you've created.
2. Use coupons (paper & internet), but also keep track of prices to
know if you are getting a good deal.
3. Grow your own; barter for the rest
- Cook more, eat out less
- Eat more fruits & veggies & beans & less meat
- Substitute lower-cost items for higher-cost items:
- tofu for meat (use 1/2-meat & 1/2-tofu)
- oil for butter
- cut cheese in 1/2 when using in recipes
And here's the related article on how food prices are rising:
By Liss in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM
By Liss in forum vBCms CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
By JennyCup in forum General Budget & FinanceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-02-2008, 06:08 AM
By in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM