Thread: Jello 1-2-3

Alisa Head

Default Jello 1-2-3

Does anyone remember the Jello 1-2-3 gelatin dessert that was made in the blender? (I believe the product was discontinued in the late '90's). In Canada I believe there is a product called Trio Treat Gelatin that is similar.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a MYO recipe (T-N-T) that was similar.My husband and I are nostolgic (sp.) for this childhood favorite treat.

Dorothy Churchill

Default Jello 1-2-3

http://gourmetish.blogspot.com/2006/10/jello-1-2-3.html

When I first arrived at my parents' house 3 weeks ago I was starting bedrest and coming down with a wicked cold. Whenever I'm sick my appetite changes and I was actually in the mood for jello; something I normally can't stand.

Here's the catch. I was craving jello but it had to be Jello 1-2-3. You may remember this from the 80s and 90s. It came in a box and it turned into a jello dessert with 3 layers. The bottom layer is regular jello, the second layer is a bit creamier, and the top layer is foamy. This was one of my favorite treats growing up.

Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered. I'm hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few weeks.

Here is the recipe that I found:

130%;">JELLO 1-2-3

3/4 cup boiling water
    1 package Jello (4-serving size)
    1/2 cup cold water
    1/2 cup cool whip , thawed

1. Pour boiling water into blender. Add gelatin. Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 30 seconds.
    2. Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
    3. Then add whipped topping; blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
    4. Pour into dessert glasses.
    5. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired. <div class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1"> <span class="post-author vcard"> Posted by <span class="fn">Gourmetish <span class="post-timestamp"> at <abbr class="published" title="2006-10-21T00:05:00-07:00">12:05 AM</abbr> <span class="post-comment-link"> <span class="post-backlinks post-comment-link"> <span class="post-icons"> <span class="item-control blog-admin pid-1265123707"> <div class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2"> <span class="post-labels"> Labels: Desserts

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo.com> wrote: <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><td style="font-family: inherit;font-style: inherit;font-variant: inherit;font-weight: inherit;font-size: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;">Does anyone remember the Jello 1-2-3 gelatin dessert that was made in the blender? (I believe the product was discontinued in the late '90's). In Canada I believe there is a product called Trio Treat Gelatin that is similar. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a MYO recipe (T-N-T) that was similar.My husband and I are nostolgic (sp.) for this childhood favorite
    treat.</tbody>
    [/quote]

Alisa Head

Default Jello 1-2-3

Thanks, Dorothy, I am going to try this.

One question: Instruction #2 says "Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups"but the ingredient list states 1/2 cup cold water. So is it 1/2 cup cold water in the blender and simply adding enough ice to the blender to bring it up to the 1-1/4 capacity line or something else? I am notsure I understand the instruction as written.

Alisa

P.S. Like you, jello is not something I regularly want to eat, but Jello 1-2-3 is a different type treat that my husband and I have a taste for.
    --- On Wed, 3/19/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Jello 1-2-3
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 3:26 PM

<DIV id="yiv195264736">

http://gourmetish. blogspot. com/2006/ 10/jello- 1-2-3.html

When I first arrived at my parents' house 3 weeks ago I was starting bedrest and coming down with a wicked cold. Whenever I'm sick my appetite changes and I was actually in the mood for jello; something I normally can't stand.

Here's the catch. I was craving jello but it had to be Jello 1-2-3. You may remember this from the 80s and 90s. It came in a box and it turned into a jello dessert with 3 layers. The bottom layer is regular jello, the second layer is a bit creamier, and the top layer is foamy. This was one of my favorite treats growing up.

Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered. I'm hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few
    weeks.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 130%;">JELLO 1-2-3

3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 cup cold water

1. Pour boiling water into blender. Add gelatin. Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 30 seconds.
    2. Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
    5. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired. <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1"><SPAN class="post-author vcard">Posted by <SPAN class="fn">Gourmetish <SPAN class="post-timestamp">at 12:05 AM <SPAN class="post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-backlinks post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-icons"><SPAN class="item-control blog-admin pid-1265123707">
    <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2"><SPAN class="post-labels">Labels: Desserts

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid;">

<TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0">

<TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;">
    Does anyone remember the Jello 1-2-3 gelatin dessert that was made in the blender? (I believe the product was discontinued in the late '90's). In Canada I believe there is a product called Trio Treat Gelatin that is similar.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a MYO recipe (T-N-T) that was similar.My husband and I are nostolgic (sp.) for this childhood favorite treat.

Dorothy Churchill

Default Jello 1-2-3

I found another recipe that calls for 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cubes. I think that the person that did this recipe forgot to list the amount of ice needed.

I just googled Jello 1 2 3 and got a few hits. Most of them where just talking about the product and only a few had an actual recipe.

Dorothy

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo.com> wrote: <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><td style="font-family: inherit;font-style: inherit;font-variant: inherit;font-weight: inherit;font-size: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;">Thanks, Dorothy, I am going to try this. One question: Instruction #2 says "Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups"but the ingredient list states 1/2 cup cold water. So is it 1/2 cup cold water in the blender and simply adding enough ice to the blender to bring it up to the 1-1/4 capacity line or something else? I am notsure I understand the instruction as written. Alisa P.S. Like you, jello is not something I regularly want to eat, but Jello 1-2-3 is a different type treat that my husband and I have a taste for.
    --- On Wed, 3/19/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@yahoo.com> wrote:
    <blockquote style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(16, 16, 255);">From: Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@yahoo.com>
    Subject: Re:
    Budget101.com : Jello 1-2-3

<div id="yiv195264736"> http://gourmetish. blogspot. com/2006/ 10/jello- 1-2-3.html

Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a
    bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered. I'm hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few weeks.

130%;">JELLO 1-2-3

3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 cup cold water

5. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired. <div class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1"><span class="post-author vcard">Posted by <span class="fn">Gourmetish <span class="post-timestamp">at 12:05 AM <span class="post-comment-link"><span class="post-backlinks post-comment-link"><span class="post-icons"><span class="item-control blog-admin pid-1265123707"> <div class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2"><span class="post-labels">Labels: Desserts

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote: <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <td style="font-family: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;"> Does anyone remember the Jello 1-2-3 gelatin dessert that was made in the blender? (I believe the product was discontinued in the late '90's). In Canada I believe there is a product called Trio Treat Gelatin that is similar. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a MYO recipe (T-N-T) that was similar.My husband and I are nostolgic (sp.) for this childhood favorite treat.</tbody>
    [/quote]
    [/quote]</tbody>
    [/quote]

Alisa Head

Default Jello 1-2-3

That makes much more sense, Dorothy.Thanks for the clarification.

I have the Cherry jello packet near the blender right now

Do you think it will matter whether it is Sugar Free or Regular Jello? I have both kinds at home.

What did you use?

Alisa
    --- On Thu, 3/20/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 6:46 PM

<DIV id="yiv1888369969">

I found another recipe that calls for 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cubes. I think that the person that did this recipe forgot to list the amount of ice needed.

I just googled Jello 1 2 3 and got a few hits. Most of them where just talking about the product and only a few had an actual recipe.

Dorothy

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid;">

<TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;">
    Thanks, Dorothy, I am going to try this.

One question: Instruction #2 says "Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups"but the ingredient list states 1/2 cup cold water. So is it 1/2 cup cold water in the blender and simply adding enough ice to the blender to bring it up to the 1-1/4 capacity line or something else? I am notsure I understand the instruction as written.

Alisa

P.S. Like you, jello is not something I regularly want to eat, but Jello 1-2-3 is a different type treat that my husband and I have a taste for.
    --- On Wed, 3/19/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@ yahoo.com> wrote:

To: Budget101_@yahoogro ups.com

<DIV id="yiv195264736">

http://gourmetish. blogspot. com/2006/ 10/jello- 1-2-3.html

Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered. I'm hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few
    weeks.

3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 cup cold water

5. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired.
    <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1"><SPAN class="post-author vcard">Posted by <SPAN class="fn">Gourmetish <SPAN class="post-timestamp">at 12:05 AM <SPAN class="post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-backlinks post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-icons"><SPAN class="item-control blog-admin pid-1265123707">
    <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2"><SPAN class="post-labels">Labels: Desserts

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid;">

Dorothy Churchill

Default Jello 1-2-3

I don't think that it will matter that much if it is sugar free or regular. I only use regular jello, but that is because I am allergric to the other sweeteners. They are very, very bitter to me and makes the stomach be upset. I hope that the dessert works out like it is supposed to.

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo.com> wrote: <TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0"> <TD> That makes much more sense,
    Dorothy.Thanks for the clarification. I have the Cherry jello packet near the blender right now Do you think it will matter whether it is Sugar Free or Regular Jello? I have both kinds at home. What did you use? Alisa
    --- On Thu, 3/20/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Date: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 6:46 PM

<DIV id="yiv1888369969"> I found another recipe that calls for 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cubes. I think that the person that did this recipe forgot to list the amount of ice needed.

I just googled Jello 1 2 3 and got a few
    hits. Most of them where just talking about the product and only a few had an actual recipe.

Dorothy

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid;"> <TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0"> <TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;"> Thanks, Dorothy, I am going to try this. One question: Instruction #2 says "Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups"but the ingredient list states 1/2 cup cold water. So is it 1/2 cup cold water in the blender and simply adding enough ice to the blender to bring it up to the 1-1/4 capacity line or something else? I am notsure I understand the instruction as written. Alisa P.S. Like you, jello is not
    something I regularly want to eat, but Jello 1-2-3 is a different type treat that my husband and I have a taste for.
    --- On Wed, 3/19/08, Dorothy Churchill <churchillde@ yahoo.com> wrote:
    To: Budget101_@yahoogro ups.com

<DIV id="yiv195264736"> http://gourmetish. blogspot. com/2006/ 10/jello- 1-2-3.html

Here's the catch. I was craving jello but it had to be Jello 1-2-3. You may remember this from the 80s and 90s. It came in a box and it turned into a jello
    dessert with 3 layers. The bottom layer is regular jello, the second layer is a bit creamier, and the top layer is foamy. This was one of my favorite treats growing up.

Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered. I'm hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few weeks.

3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 cup cold water

2. Combine
    cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
    5. Chill about 30 minutes. Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired. <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1"><SPAN class="post-author vcard">Posted by <SPAN class="fn">Gourmetish <SPAN class="post-timestamp">at 12:05 AM <SPAN class="post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-backlinks post-comment-link"><SPAN class="post-icons"><SPAN class="item-control blog-admin pid-1265123707"> <DIV class="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2"><SPAN class="post-labels">Labels: Desserts

Alisa Head <diakun2@yahoo. com> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid;"> <TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" border="0"> <TD style="FONT-FAMILY: inherit;font-size-adjust: inherit;font-stretch: inherit;"> Does anyone remember the Jello 1-2-3 gelatin dessert that was made in the blender? (I believe the product was discontinued in the late '90's). In Canada I believe there is a product called Trio Treat Gelatin that is similar. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a MYO recipe (T-N-T) that was similar.My husband and I are nostolgic
    (sp.) for this childhood favorite treat.